Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

backing off from Tile/Grout cleaning

+3
Mo
Davey Cracker
ACpower1
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

backing off from Tile/Grout cleaning - Page 2 Empty Re: backing off from Tile/Grout cleaning

Post by Mo Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:13 pm

When you service a bid area like you do DP in home quotes will eat into your profit margin big time.

What you might be able to do is do them only within a certain radius of your home and have a 200.00 minimum for tile and grout jobs.

Another option would be to set aside a day for quotes. Your tech can clean and you could do quotes that day or part of the day.

I don't do in home quotes fr carpet but I do them for tile and grout for the reasons that I mentioned above but the main reason is because tile and grout does have better profit margins for me.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

backing off from Tile/Grout cleaning - Page 2 Empty Re: backing off from Tile/Grout cleaning

Post by dp1 Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:19 pm

We get more $$ but definitely less profit margin because most of the time it takes longer to clean T&G.
Thanks for the advise Mo, we don't usually have a lot of inquiry for T&G cleaning yet but I will have to start doing in home estimates for bigger size T&G jobs for sure.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:51 pm

If tile and grout isn't a profitable service for you, your doing right to concentrate on whats profitable.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 pm

dp1 wrote:Great idea of giving in home estimate / demo on hard surface jobs, problem is that will not take a few minutes Dave, between going there and talking to the customer, and demo, it's going to take easily a couple of hours, in the mean time I can make $ 400 from carpet cleaning jobs with the same amount of time, it's definitely something to think about though, I can't see passing out $ 500 or more on T&G jobs all the time.

Yeah, but can you do T/G wearing Flip Flops?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 pm

dp1 wrote:AC, have you been getting away completely from T&G ? If yes, how's that affecting your gross total so far ? I don't do a lot of T&G because not a lot of customer willing to pay $ 1 - $ 1.25 / s.f to clean around LA area.
The last T&G job I did also turned out to be a nightmare job ( I posted it on another thread ).
I'm seriously thinking about getting away from them as well.

Hey Dp,

I just avoid bathrooms/shower work... I like doing entry ways, kitchens, etc that stuff cleans easily and gives a great before and after contrast.

got tired of going through the hard water, mildew business.. too many people call that have seriously degraded grout that steam cleaning just isnt going to fix.

Thought about going deeper with bathroom work but to be honest, not really looking clean and scrub around toilets.. and I hate steam cleaning inside showers.

realized there is plenty of other services id rather focus on. Going to push mattresses hard, been doing a lot lately.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2