Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cleaning black lines along the wall

+3
carpetdaddy
milspec6
Rainbow Rider
7 posters

Go down

Cleaning black lines along the wall Empty Cleaning black lines along the wall

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Has anyone figured out a good way to clean the black lines along the wall? I have an edge wand but it's marginally effective.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Cleaning black lines along the wall Empty Re: Cleaning black lines along the wall

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:37 pm

I've tried a lot different things and agree, the edging wand is only marginally effective. I even tried using a roll of duct tape once to remove the soil dry.....it wasn't a winner.

The only success I get is with a cyclo polisher and a hand towel. It is slow and irritating, but there is also good news here.

Very few companies around here will ever make that kind of effort. The only thing they will do is hit it with a wand and then move on. If it remains, they will not attempt anything else.

By making the extra effort to do some good old fashioned "knee cleaning", you get to make a good impression on a customer and set yourself above the competition.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning black lines along the wall Empty Re: Cleaning black lines along the wall

Post by carpetdaddy Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:32 am

I have tried many filtration line removers over the years. They all have worked about the same - removing the line about 50%-90%. Mostly dependent on how much scrubbing the homeowner, housekeeper, or other carpet cleaner has done previously... It's pretty time consuming work with usually much less than perfect results so I very rarely ever offer it anymore. At $2 per linear foot, very few people want to spend the money especially because the line will come back. Here's one you may want to try.

Prochem Filter Out - (from Sun-BeltUsa.com web site)

Quick Overview
Filter-Out removes air filtration soil lines along walls and doorways, near heating and air conditioning vents. Also removes toner spills. Exclusive Prochem technology defeats the particle charge attraction, allows the soil to be extracted away. Also removes toner spills, carbon-containing soils, carbon soot, and other charged particle soils.
Features
For spot extraction on residential and commercial carpets. Ready to Use, no dilution required.

Directions:
1. Pre-vacuum thoroughly to remove loose soil, especially dry toner.
2. Apply Filter Out to saturate fibers in soiled areas. Allow 3-5 minutes dwell time to loosen soil. Agitate with a soft brush or groomer if needed.
3. Extract completely using hot water or All Fiber Rinse solution. Repeat if needed.
4. Lightly brush or groom to align fibers.

Tips: Always rinse-extract to remove soil and residues. Apply a teflon type carpet protector to restore soil and stain resistance. Filter-Out is not recommended for use on upholstery fabrics. Great for spot cleaning soot or smoke from hard surfaces.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:58 am

I have discovered a way to clean those lines that is as effective as anything else and is a lot less work.

I spray then with the same thing I use for spots. Which is my prespray concentrate in a spray bottle. What I mean is I mix up an inline sprayer with my presppray dejor (sp) and pour off a spray bottle full of it to spray stubborn spots with. BTW this works as well on most stuff as fels and i don't have to scrub and toe scrub spots anymore.

So with that bottle I spray the lines then I turn my wand over and hold it right against the crotch of the wall/floor. Picture leaning your wand against the wall except now you're moving the lip of wand right up to the wall and holding the wand trigger facing the wall too.

What happens is the solution spray hits the baseboard carpet interface and then gets sucked right into the wand. It's easier to do than to describe and it works fast and while not any better than other stuff I tried it is tons easier.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:46 am

Fels naptha.
Ok ok I admit it, this is Terry hacking into Dp1's account laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I like Ken's suggestion on the pre-spray concentrate and reverse wand technique. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 pm

There's just something about the way the jets shoot across the carpet and into the wand that way that makes it work really quick and easy. Granted it is not more effective than a lot of other ways but it is as effective as I have ever found and a ton easier.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Cleaning black lines along the wall Empty Prespray - extension tubes - brush

Post by RenuCleaningBelleviewFL Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 pm

I use my prespray to spray along the wall until there is white foam then dry along the wall with 2 of these cheapies connected together: hescoinc 1-14-extension-wand-plastic -look like white shopvac 1 1/4"tubes-

This may need to be repeated if it is truly black like you are describing and also a nylon brush may help break the soils loose as well.  I have used toothbrush style grout brushes in a pinch, but this would most likely work better:  excellent-supply Edge-Brush-Carpet-Cleaning-Accessory_p_11.html

PS... The extension tubes as hesco calls them really kind of need to be white to prevent scuff marks on the wall baseboard.  Please don't try this with black shopvac ones and be surprised that they left marks.  I use Fabpro 95 SR for prespray if you are wondering also available on hescoinc.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not.  I would think any effective prespray should do the trick.

RenuCleaningBelleviewFL

Back to top Go down

Cleaning black lines along the wall Empty Black lines under doors and wall removal

Post by The Cleaner Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am

They call me The Cleaner and I have the answer to removal of black lines by the walls and under doors. This non-toxic solution will removal a lot of things. It's called
Micro-90, concentrated cleaning solution by Cole-Parmer. The website address is https://www.coleparmer.com/i/cole-parmer-micro-90-cleaning-solution-case-of-twelve-1-liter-bottles/1810004

https://www.pristinecarpetcleanhouston.com

The Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down