Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99

+4
ACE Services
ACpower1
milspec6
Mo
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99 - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99

Post by ACpower1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:34 pm

that RC is beat to death dave lol, looks like one of the earlier ones too!

that one looks cool Tom,     is it possible to build one with clear acrylic instead of the blue tinted?

The biggest thing about using the rv360 that we always hear from customers is how amazed they are with the filth coming out

might also just add a sight tube in the vac hose line,   you can get them from jon don for like 15 bucks
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99 - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Mo wrote:Looks like you have a big gap on that front lid Dave.

You ever done any CFM testing with and without the filter?

That's because that lid isn't closed all the way, lol.
And we tested the cfm between RC99 and the pool filter, it was a huge difference, like 40 cfm or something like that, isn't it Dave ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:06 pm

ya the pool filter is terrible.

running 2 of the clear filters from interlink would be cool to try... then going to a nice Y

they come in 2inch, I never tried them because I was always 2.5in from machine... just recently went 2-2.5 to filter then 2.5in for 50ft
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:55 pm

The lid just isn't centered making it look like there's a gap, but it doesn't matter because the inside of lid has rubber gasket that seals it to housing.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 pm

dp1 wrote:
Mo wrote:Looks like you have a big gap on that front lid Dave.

You ever done any CFM testing with and without the filter?

That's because that lid isn't closed all the way, lol.
And we tested the cfm between RC99 and the pool filter, it was a huge difference, like 40 cfm or something like that, isn't it Dave ?

Wow so the pool filter restricted air flow by 40 CFM compared to the RC99. If we go with Toms video test of CFM compared to RC99... the Devastator would increase air flow by 75 CFM compared to a pool filter

I think the bigger the filter the less air flow restriction you have besides air leaks, which would explain why the original devastator is huge. Not sure if the location of the ports have an impact. It looks like the RC99 is centered right in the middle of the lids not sure if the dev is the same?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Tom as nice as your filter is you should ditch the cheesy plated gate handle, and go with a nice SS one like I put on my filter.  Looks better, doesn't cut into your hand because of sharp folded edge inside, and also fits bigger hands.....plus it looks better and matches the rest of the SS on filter..if it's not filthy dirty like mine. Embarassed

Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99 - Page 2 Fullsi13

The handle on the rc LOOKS like the handle we have, but on my rc it is super tiny, the one on my Dev is about twice the size.
We were going make a handle talk about it all the time....it gives us a laugh because we just leave it to give the guys something to bi*ch about.
We have one drawn up that will be very comfortable, and the laser table will cut it out no problem.

You know Mo you have a RC just enjoy and clean some carpet. I would like to say something to give you some food for thought.
Back when JB did his "FILTER SHOOTOUT" and he has all of his data logged down.............
DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IF THE ORIGINAL DEVASTATOR FLOWED LESS AIR THAN A POOL FILTER WE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO SELL THE DEVASTATOR FOR SEVERAL YEARS?
The Devastator filter came in close to dead last on airflow on that JB shootout....pretty funny really, so say if it did come in last.....Then JOE lied to all of his customers and told them it was the best thing ever sense 4 2 Door, he should have continued to sell them a pool filter.
I am perfectly happy doing what I am doing, if guys buy, then they buy. If they don't that's all good to I am not worried about it.
Mo you have been dealt the cut off card by JB I believe, so any review or input from you is mute, really any review from this JB board is mute. We have done a poop load of test, shoot outs.
I have DATA coming out of my AZZ, but I am not trying to sway guys to buy my product with bars and graphs I don't need to. I just let the product do its thing.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 am

A couple of things Tom. I asked that this thread be free of the Drama.

I had no idea there was a filter shoot out

I gave the Joe the cutt off card not the other way around
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:44 am

This is the other thing, I came here and did not push anything on anybody, the forum has brought this up, so I reply.
This is the same on all the other boards too, I don't go out of my way to push anything, on anybody.
I don't and have never TOLD anyone to talk about them, you all have lives, families....you know what it takes to keep THAT running smoothly, along with the biz, and everyday life....well I don't need the extra crap to have to deal with, I have let things go a long time ago, I do respond to things when things start getting out of control, the latest things I have had to deal with is guns and filters...what is things coming to really? When in the history of carpet cleaning has any products been subjected to guns, yes it is harmless but REALLY? It is a joke stupid really.
To go to such lengths to subject things to this level is just plain stupid.
I don't see cuffs, or any other filter being shot to pieces...but it just goes to show what has been going on for the last 6 + years, and it is not going to change anything we are not going anywhere. But it just displays the childish behavior of what some just can't let go.
I am working on a wand, and yes Tony is part of it, but the reviews or feed back I am getting is it surpassing the PC TI, now I don't care, what I care about is the fact that what I am doing is in fact paying off, I must be doing something right if some of the feed back is coming back at that high of a response. That is what I am trying to do...make a product that works good for the end user, that is it, it is not about JB. I am trying to build a solid foundation to what I am going for, I am trying to build a good reputation for good sound quality tools that when guys buy, they get what they pay for, that is it.
No different than when a customer calls you guys and wants a quality carpet cleaning job, with good results, it really has nothing to do with your other cleaners in your town, you are all working to build a quality company for people to call...the end result is you make a living, feed your family, and enjoy what life we have on this planet while we are here.
I hope the same for JB, what he does is awesome, what is not awesome is the fact that no matter where we go, or who happens to ask about the filter or wand we get this bs drama that just doesn't go away, I don't have crap videos of his products on my website, I don't have graphs, cfm tests, none of that, I am not going out of my way to put his stuff down.
I just rely on what my customers tell me, work on what they say I need to...that is what I am focused on.....not him, sending out bs emails talking trash trying to justify why something is better or not. I would rather spend my energy and focus on the products to make them better, and all I can say is it looks like I am doing things right, we are still here.
Today I have 3 filters, 2 wands I need to work on, that is what I am focused on. So I need to get to it.
Peace Out my friends, I hope your day is awesome and your carpets come out like new, and you get paid for you hard work, that is what it is all about.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 am

Did all this come from a comment about the handle or did I miss something?

Filters are something that every cleaner has to have and so every cleaner will have interest on the topic and every cleaner has their own personal views on what they like or don't like.

In other words, there can be no clear winner in the industry. There will always be criticism regarding a filter, wand, tm, chemical, etc. as each person will have their own experiences and desires. There is no sense in trying to please everyone.

We are all in business and so we all know that we are always having to defend and sell that business to stay in business. It comes with the territory and is a part of life....your phone will ring with a dozen tire kickers per day and the occasional complaint, you can't take it personal.

Tom, you have a fine filter and it looks like the wand is doing well, but you will always be tethered to those products for as long as you sell them. It comes with the territory and boards such as this will generate discussions on your products just like any other seller.

Having to answer the same questions or deal with the same criticisms would certainly get annoying, but unless you want to hurt your brand, it is part of business. I must have to talk about f--ing Zero-rez 4x per week with all the radio ads that they are buying, but if I don't answer the questions, I'm going to lose business.

I guess my point is that the vision of this board was just a bunch of cleaners having a place to go to talk shop, just like a corner lounge after work. I didn't see anything posted that was different from that design until today when the subject of JB came up and you walked out.

This board is the result of the Admin's (Mo) efforts and the posting members that take time out of their busy schedule to contribute. It is not JB's site nor being run by any distributors as a shill front....we are just cleaners who like to talk about this industry.

I hope you come back Tom when the stress level declines, we will still be here at the table.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Seems crazy when you can't talk about two or three similar items compare the likes and dislikes of each no one has said that either one didn't work, but people have their own opinions no drama involved.
Like I said when I started on this forum. If you ask me a question I will give you the best answer I can if you don't like it then don't use it. After all it didn't cost a penny. I've found that it takes more than one to have drama in anything I just don't pay attention to it like others have said family first dumb stuff last.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Sorry Mil,
I didn't mean drama, I don't know what else to say to Mo, I have no beef with anybody, some buy mine some buy Joe's, Mytee's and Hydro. I hope all are happy.
I am just trying to go about my biz. I don't know what else to say but if Mo wants to buy one of my filters he is more than welcome, I guess it is like saying some buy GMC and others buy Chevy???
I am super happy with the quality of our products, I really just don't know what else to say.
It was posted above that there is a difference in filtration, there is some filter that are some of the original ones I made still going on the same filter bags today 6 plus years.
With all that is out there on the forums, You tube videos, and just general discussion on the filters available today, I don't know what else I can do or say.
So please don't take it the wrong way as that is not the way it was meant to be taken.
When guys pay 390.00 for the filter, It is my hope that they will be super happy that they went for it and bought it.
I really don't know what else to say, so it is not that I am putting Mo down, but that if he wants one we will be more than happy to sell one to him, but I think Mo is kinda looking at it about the money....and this I can not change, it cost what it costs to make, it is for sure more as we know, but everyone that has bought one has been super happy about it, and the money really never comes up after the filter was bought. So I guess that means that in there eyes after getting it yes it is more money but it lives up to what it is supposed to do???
Sorry if you took it like I was upset I am not at all I just don't know how else to type it out there is no emotion or expressions in typed words.Very Happy Very Happy
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:21 pm

It's cool Tom, I know how things can get twisted up or misinterpreted....happens all the time when you are writing instead of speaking face to face. I may have drawn the wrong conclusion...doesn't really matter now.

Now back to this damn truck project.....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Tom If I wrote something on this thread that upset you I apologize. It was not my intention and I would hope you continue to participate but maybe not on this thread.

If I or any member would like to discuss inline filters, or if we decide to do a loaner then that's what were going to do.

I'm not sure if your realize this but "you" are the one that started the drama on this thread. I don't know what the drama with you and Joe is now but it's irrelevant to this discussion.

I empathize with you man. I could not even imagine a 6 year Royal Rumble but dude you have to let it go. Its not good for your health.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm good Mo, sorry if I came across wrong, it has been a crazy flipping last couple off weeks on the forums, I just need some beer and a good Cuban cigar, and chill.
So I have a couple of customers that asked me to bring back the clear lid, as they really liked being able to look out and see inside the filter, so I have made a few and sent them out to see how they do, right now I have a cuff on it, but I am going to make a custom port just like our ss lids so that it will fit any cuff, so much easier to deal with.
Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99 - Page 2 <a href=Is the Devastaor a better filter than the RC99 - Page 2 068_zpsmwrung1m" />
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 am

It's all good Tom. Now back to the filters.

When I was rebuilding my electric Workmaster I over drove the blower, replaced 7.2 vac with more efficient and powerful 8.4 vacum add a vac post etc. All of these tweeks had a cumulative effect to CFM. I was able to improve my total CFM to 335.

So when I saw that the Dev improved CFM by 35 CFM over the RC99 It peaked my interest.

If you were to test your larger and original devastator would we see an increase in CFM compared to your smaller one?

Do you think It would be more expensive to have the back lid threaded on instead of welded?

I have the RC99 with the dual ports because I was running 4 to the door with my workmaster. Now that I have my TNT I no longer do that even though I probably should. I plugged the port but like Rob said it would be nice to be able to switch back and forth.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 am

The Lg Dev worked different, the debris collected differently inside of the Lg housing vs the smaller housing, but it did not have as high of cfm, the cfm did drop a little due to the size.
Now my newer Dev's with the housing we have now, we tested everything for flow.
The reason being I was going to a smaller more refined size housing, do to the fact I was not molding plastic products for the internal parts...these parts had to be a certain size to give them strength and this forced me to go with the larger housing so I could get the bag size we wanted.
I don't know if the Lg housing if equipped with our custom port design, redesigned HD bag, V pick up, if all this was added to the Lg housing it may have the same airflow.
As for the back screw in idea, this was HF's BIGGEST mistake in there new filter.
The vacuum puts stress on the threads and then once fine silt gets in the grooves of the filter the lids get almost impossible to remove, plus the rubber O ring when you tighten and seal it becomes almost glued together.
Old style had same O ring but because you pushed and pulled over the o ring the tension was easier to "POP" the lid open.
Think of it like a 3" pulley vs a 6" pulley the larger pulley produces much greater bite due to the surface contact area, this is the same for there gasket you are trying to spin the lid off of the whole surface of the "DRY" O ring way different than just pulling it off sideways.
The cost to put a thread type lid on the back of the RC or Dev would be VERY VERY expensive, and if it were possible would more than likely get damaged trying to take it apart due to the silt collecting in the threads, basically becoming like lock tight.
I have a couple caps that would fit your 99 if you need one.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:56 am

It's all in the details isn't it Tom?

The best of ideas often turn out to be turkeys once it gets to a working model....this truck taught me that one.

It is always easier to dream up the design than to produce it. That being said, I still like the idea of threads....too bad it doesn't seem practical.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:17 pm

People, remember that by not using proper punctuation; your message can take on a whole different meaning. Commas and periods will help!
Remember terry? Can you say run on sentences? He was the kink. I'd have to figure where one sentence ends and the next starts.
Example: let's eat gramma.
Let's eat, gramma.
@ Tom; you are doing a great work for the average Jim cleaner.  I'm not sure what Mo said in a comment, but I didn't read into that he was as a negative judgment about the filter. I read, that he was saying,  your filter was/is/should give better performance.  Unless I missed something.
Carry on the good work.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Oh I was thinking the bigger filer created more CFM.

So the best we can hope for is a filter that will not restrict air flow and not necessarily increase air flow?

Im my mind I had this idea of the inline filter creating a venturi effect similarly to a round waste and actually creating more air flow

I hear what your saying about the threads getting locked up. When I was going 4 to the door I was using cuffs on the back lid and they were a pain in the ass to unscrew. I just removed them and put the male cuff straight on to the two ports instead
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Size and how it affects flow.
The larger Dev had great airflow, when compared to the smaller filters. What made it work well is due to its larger size, the debris when it entered the filter due to the size a lot of the heavier debris would fall towards the bottom of the filter, this was due to the size of the housing, and the way the air rushed into it. The airflow expanded kinda, so the debris would just kinda fall out of the air stream and start to collect like a trail towards the back of the filter.
The smaller housing filters because they are more narrow the air stays more centered and it does have a little more velocity but because of this the debris doesn't drop out of the air path...thus it start to coat the whole filter cage or basket, this is very,very noticeable on the HF and Mytee filters. Many of you may have experienced this when using them, you would lose suction and go out to clean the smaller filters and open them up and there was just a 1/4 film of debris all around the basket or bag, but in reality when rinsed down it was just a very small amount of debris.
This was the problem when I first designed a smaller housing filter but more from the water rising and letting the debris collect and as more water could not pass it just kept creeping up the filter element, until is was blocked with a thin film.
We did a lot of testing on this and came to find out by creating a way to vacate the pooling effect, the filter element could last considerably longer, Our newer filters are cleaning longer than the Original Lg Dev and even have a little better cfm.
Tim and I have talked about putting our newest tech inside the old Lg housing (10" diameter) If we were to do this it would give us close to 5 full gallons (basically a full white liner) size bag.
The thing is it would cost me about 5500.00 just in tooling to get it done. Then the testing/perfecting stage.
The truth is HOW MANY really truly need that MUCH filtration. Most of us are doing single homes and then either wash down and go to next, or clean out and go to next. Joe's and Our filter provides this already.
Not saying it wont happen but I don't think it would be as popular for the average cleaner, just way to overkill.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:14 pm

ACpower1 wrote:that RC is beat to death dave lol,  

I'll clean it up this wknd and it will look like new. It's SS so it'll clean up great.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 pm

I would agree, probably overkill considering the average cleaner's needs.

There might an Aerotech guy out there interested, but how many are there any more?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:People, remember that by not using proper punctuation; your message can take on a whole different meaning. Commas and periods will help!
Remember terry? Can you say run on sentences? He was the kink. I'd have to figure where one sentence ends and the next starts.

PREACH ON BROTHA, MY CC!!!!

I don't even think some read their message to see if it make sense before hitting send. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 pm

I went to Football U, so I have an excuse.

The "N" on the helmet stands for nowledge.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next