Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better

5 posters

Go down

Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better Empty Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better

Post by Cjcann Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:10 am

Long story short: Customer calls wants this and that cleaned, I give him a break, do a lot of work for his Aunt. Quote him $175, he comes back $150. I say no $175, he comes back $150. I hold and say $175 or forget it. Suspicious now, don't want to do it. I do it anyway. They guy over pays me by $100 by mistake. Calls me up to complain that room smells like wet dog, he's moving in the next day, I fess up about the extra moula. I travel too many miles on a Sunday to fix this problem. Turns out all I can smell is fresh paint. My thought is he just wanted his extra cash back. Give him is money deodorize and leave. I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THAN TO DO THIS F"ING JOB! Been doing this job to long to deal with this self created shite. I am considering this a short cheap lesson/reminder as I my schedule is really swamped right now.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better Empty Re: Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 am

I know that feeling, I am heading off to clean a house that I know will be trouble. I've cleaned for him in the past, paid and even gave tip, but has dogs and no control over them. I expect the place to be a urine job, despite his claims.

Here is what you do to make yourself feel better. The next time you clean for his Aunt, start complaining. Once she hears the story, you will get your revenge and likely a nice tip from the Aunt. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better Empty Re: Someone kick me in my ass, should have known better

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 am

Can't kick you the ass but will this do :slaping:So you gave him back the 100 he overpaid you and the 175,00 you earned for the job.

We've all done it. Not listened to our inner voice that's telling us not to do it. So don't be too hard on yourself.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:55 am

Mo wrote:
We've all done it. Not listened to our inner voice that's telling us not to do it. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Oh sooo true. The real problem is, it takes some of us like stupid me, making the mistake many times and not learning the lesson the first time. What a Face
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:25 pm

I fell for one just the other day... red flags all over but I was busy and kinda overlooked it.

she calls asking a million questions about the service and what can she expect, what kind of warranties do you give on the work, what are the guarantees, etc

I get there and its a really thick white poly with the colored speckles in it, has never been cleaned before 15yrs old.

yellow sun fade all over the place you can see where the couches where... I set her expectations and told her ill agree to clean it but etc etc the carpet is old and was not maintained etc

of course Im getting calls from her for the next 4 days about her carpet, one call each morning at 730am giving me the update.

she had 9 kids, house was a wreck... husband was a total lazy bum backed up sink, duct taped fixes all over the house.. of course hes just lounging watching tv when hes got like a million projects he could be doing

saw a pic of him from years back when he looked like a young buck, I could tell the 9 kids were just too much, he was fat/bald and nothing left in him
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:51 pm

"Fat and Bald" Hey I resemble that remark but still have something left in me Very Happy

You know sometimes it doesn't matter how much or how emphatically you set expectations some people just will not hear it.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm just hoping I don't hear from him again. I hope I have closure on this one.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:34 pm

ya its a tough business we have,      personally I have 4 negative reviews on Angies List from customers who allow their pets to use the house as a bathroom...   daily pissing

I explained everything,    the carpets were bad but not uncleanable just an expensive decon cleaning....   but they have the nerve to leave a review saying a few spots returned when they were told there is absolutely no guarantees with this type of work, the carpet is already ruined but I can sterilze a bit and deodorize while extracting the maximum possible.

the way I see it they shouldnt even be allowed to leave a review,   after all the ammonia off gassing is probably eating away at their brain
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Mo wrote:"Fat and Bald" Hey I resemble that remark but still have something left in me Very Happy

You know sometimes it doesn't matter how much or how emphatically you set expectations some people just will not hear it.

Word to your Mother............no disrespect meant of course. drunken
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Mo wrote:"Fat and Bald" Hey I resemble that remark but still have something left in me Very Happy

Word to your Mother............no disrespect meant of course. drunken

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down