Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Being new to Glides

5 posters

Go down

Being new to Glides Empty Being new to Glides

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:37 pm

I had mixed feelings on glides, after using one I can see why they are really worth using....especially after a wool carpet cleaning recently...What I don't care for is the lack of being able to vac up something missed with the vacuum and chasing it down with the hose, bending etc....I also dont care much for having to clean it as lots of stuff gets caught up in and on it....I think using my new CRB will change this problem.....one other thing is, if and when it breaks through the "seal" silicone doesn't dry fast so if it fails you have to take it off or deal with the leak and high pitch whistle from the leak until the day is done and you can fix it.

Is this the same problem you guys run into? since Ive installed mine its only broke the silicone seal once, I can see its getting ready to do it again.

When it came to wool...I was all about them. My day to day Im glad to have them but sometimes I feel like im not at 100% in extracting...I know I am but it feels wrong and I cant put my finger on it.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Being new to Glides Empty Re: Being new to Glides

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 pm

I have never had a green glide break its seal on me yet, but I do run a bead of plumbers goop around the sealing edge when I installed them. Some cheaper glides can lose that seal and even slide off on you at times because the didn't fit very tight to begin with. GG's you have to basically pound them into the vac slot on your wand with a mallet.

As for the junk getting caught in there....slots work the best at preventing that problem, but you still can get a piece of gravel or something in there at times.

As for the feel of extraction or not.....you are extracting more with a glide every time. It doesn't feel like it, but that added vac lift is there and doing its job.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:45 pm

I would never go back to not using a glide. I would literally get out of the biz. There is no downside to glides that would make going without one worth it.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm with Ken, I really need to put a glide on my stair tool. It really is worth it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Once I went thru 3 different types of silicone. The first one shrunk. 2nd stayed gooyish, only hardened about 60%. Then it unsealed.
Current one has held for a year or so.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Quality interruption would be the downside with me....I would probably get out without a glide as well but need to know its really doing better....mine fit great and was hard to get on....I added silicone to really close it up. I think the glide allowing you more agility makes the second pass more frequent because its easier....but if you are a habitual one pass guy and add a glide you will lower the quality I think. Double wanding is easier with a glide than single without.....this is what I think makes it better.

I have always done a two clean pass with a third dry....with the glide I do the same except i have added a backgammon dry as a fourth.....this is in traffic and dirty areas....under furn and beds I do not do this method.

To clear up my method...I have a total of four steamed passes(forward then back is one, I do this twice) and then forward and back dry.....then the whole worked area in the final backgammon swath for some extra dry. Cleaner areas are done one steam up and back then one dry up and back. I dont know if this is clear or not. My speed is adjusted based on the level of need or lack of.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:33 pm

I go wet pass forward (fairly quickly just to warm up the water) and back (slow), followed by slow dry pass forward and back, then move to the next row in a block fashion. I don't really like the diamonds approach, I think block fashion is more effective for drying.

I have used this pattern since the beginning on both commercial and residential. Might not be the best, but for a direct drive unit it is pretty effective.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 pm

My diamond or backgammon is just quick swath for dry...I dont think I need it but the glide has me on edge...old school I guess.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 pm

It's all good that looks good if you're getting paid and call backs and referrals.

I however do not see a need for a glide on a stair tool.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:54 am

Ken Raddon wrote:It's all good that looks good if you're getting paid and call backs and referrals.

I however do not see a need for a glide on a stair tool.

Depends on the size of stairs.....Amen to the statement about "all good that looks good" Ken. Wine
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Agreed with Ken, glide on stair tool will not work well on the edges of the steps, that's why I still clean with unglided stair wands.

And regarding extracting quality with glide is much better, you should do test cleaning in your home Scott, do one room with glide and another without, check the dampness every hour or so.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down