Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Oreck orbitor

+4
Freemind1
ACpower1
milspec6
kevinj6121
8 posters

Go down

Oreck orbitor Empty Oreck orbitor

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 am

I've been watching a lot of you tube vids of that little oreck orbital, I've always wanted one, a lot guys on these boards have them and seem to like them a lot, definitely not something for commercial usage cause it would take forever to cover large square footage of most commercial jobs, but for residential usage to pre scrub prior to HWE on two story homes it would be great not to have to cary a heavy 175 upstairs, also around my neck of the woods in North Carolina we have a lot of those beach homes that are built like 20 feet off the ground so there's always steps to climb to do those. They seem to scrub really good with the black carpet brush and lift the nap pretty good. They also can get get right up to walls pretty good with that black brush. I'm thinking on resi jobs that are in pretty good shape to begin with One could spray down your encap juice, scrub/agitate with the oreck and black brush, then slap a bonnet on my Vario as the final step, seems it would be fairly quick and easy---Yeah still have my Vario keep going back and forth in my mind on weather or not to sell it.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Oreck orbitor Empty Re: Oreck orbitor

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:28 am

For me, it depends on how large of an area you plan to use it on? If it is just for stairs, stains, tight closet or something, I would sell it off.

I say that because I think a Cyclo Polisher with bonnets and brushes fit that niche better. They are more compact, lighter weight and most residential customers have never seen one before.

For larger areas like a small bedroom or office area, the Oreck might be very nice. Then again, a small CRB would be even better.

I hoard tools, so I would actually end up keeping it for "one of those" situations, but if you are limited in storage, I would sell it off.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:41 pm

I absolutely love mine, use it all the time. Small tile jobs, carpet jobs where only the traffic lanes need a scrub or maybe a dirty small 3 room job.

Its a great tool I highly recommend it, especially with the bright green brush. I use the orange brush for tile.

cant tell you how invaluable it is for scrubbing stairs, 10x better than our crb
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Personally, IF I was using an Oreck as part of an encap process, I wouldn't. I'd use a CRB and follow up with the vario.

Just for a general scrub before HWE, then I think it would be pretty effective.

Myself, I would have a hard time just selling the tools. Like Rob, I hang onto stuff. If it's not costing you anything to hold onto it, then why get rid of it? It will certainly cost you more later, to buy it again IF you need it.

Though to be honest, I have an old portable and a H.S. buffer, and an auto scrubber I need to sell. I won't be using them anymore.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 pm

your absolutely right free mind, I do actually have a 15inch CRB, along with the Vario OP and a 175 with solution tank, carpet brush, pad driver and an electric pump with spray jet on my 175, just can't get that little oreck out of my head, been wanting one for a couple of years now, what the hell, its only money, can always get more of that LOL
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:17 pm

ya I wouldnt use for straight encap,     we crb for that and post vac..   works pretty good for what its meant for

usually dont follow up with 175 or other pad machine just because if its decently dirty well just TM it

The orbiter is just for scrubbing, its a lot lighter than crb and a hell of a lot lighter than a 175.. I can carry it and my wand easily at the same time
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:49 pm

The local distributor for Oreck ordered several "commercial grade" Orbitor's. They have an extra long cord and a hammered metal paint job. I bought one and use it pretty often. Great on stairs and for small area scrubbing. Takes up little space in the van. beat a dead horse

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Breen Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:59 pm

I just bought the orbitor mainly for stairs for less bending over. I like it alot and used with my vlm cleaning more pad capping.The one i bought off ebay brand new commercial $300.00 free delivery
I did try on tile&grout but think it is to light to get into grout lines.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 am

I have really enjoyed using my Oreck on small tile and linoleum jobs. Can't imagine not having it, just so easy to carry and store.
Homer Building Maintenanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 am

The bissell is the same unit- a bit cheaper I believe, works great. love it
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janitorial-maintenance/floor-care/cleaners/biggreen-commercial-easy-motion-floor-machine-with-tank-bgem9000?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyuPCBRCimuayhb3qqvwBEiQAgz62kXYZzW23vjPwBQsgtcepnr104Bje4jVgKYueTLgy9A4aAhT18P8HAQ
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:23 pm

I used my Oreck Orbiter with the black brush to dry clean 3 bedrooms this weekend and it worked great.

I did the Premist with Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover (Host Premist wasn't available locally), agitated, spread Host Dry Carpet Cleaner, agitated then vacuumed an hour later. I was happy that I didn't have to haul my 104 lb. Tennant 1240 to the job.

I have also used this equipment and process several times on my carpet, my almost 16 year old dog wants me to get trained up Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 pm

el d hasnt been on here in a while, but after a lot of use with my orbiter I would prob use something heavier for outdoor cleaning or doing concrete.. a 175 with a grit brush is going to work a lot better

the orbiter is great but it doesnt have a lot of down force
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Homer Building Maintenanc wrote:I used my Oreck Orbiter with the black brush to dry clean 3 bedrooms this weekend and it worked great.

I did the Premist with Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover (Host Premist wasn't available locally), agitated, spread Host Dry Carpet Cleaner, agitated then vacuumed an hour later. I was happy that I didn't have to haul my 104 lb. Tennant 1240 to the job.

I have also used this equipment and process several times on my carpet, my almost 16 year old dog wants me to get trained up Neutral

I'd be really careful with Folex. I've heard people say it can remove color from carpet. I'd be especially cautious if you are doing it with VLM. You should be flushing the Folex to avoid bleaching.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Freemind1 wrote:
Homer Building Maintenanc wrote:I used my Oreck Orbiter with the black brush to dry clean 3 bedrooms this weekend and it worked great.

I'd be really careful with Folex. I've heard people say it can remove color from carpet. I'd be especially cautious if you are doing it with VLM. You should be flushing the Folex to avoid bleaching.

That's good advice, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down