Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Websites....again.

5 posters

Go down

Websites....again. Empty Websites....again.

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 pm

I took down my old website due to very little belief that it did much for my business. It was a nice site with animation and multiple screens and it had the ability to schedule jobs through it....which only happened a handful of times.

Now that I am making the big push to increase my residential service, I know that I need to put a website back up. The problem is, how far do you take it? Does this industry need more from a website than basically a place-keeper on the internet similar to what a yellow page ad did in the phone books?

I spoke to a professional designer local and they offer a full featured site with SEO optimization, hosting, and mobile friendly designs. They are highly praised by many, but the cost is pretty high as well and I don't see this industry really needing that much in design aspects, but maybe I am wrong.

When I need a service provider, I Google it like most people and skip all the listings without a website. From the websites, I decide if I like them in a matter of seconds based on the "feel" of the site instead of the content. I do not take the time to read long exposes on the topic either, I just want to find a person to do the job.

When shopping for a cleaner, what do you feel are the key attributes a website must have to be successful? Do people really want to read a bio of the owner, see a picture of the person, the truck, examples of work, etc?

I told the designer that although I am not a looker, I felt that a professional headshot was important to build some trust right from the start and let the viewer now that I was a real person and not some boiler room listing. They didn't really agree, so I am trying to decide where I should take this project?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Websites....again. Empty Re: Websites....again.

Post by Freemind1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:44 pm

I honestly have had clients READ all the copy I wrote. Some people are hooked in by great marketing copy, as well as a BIO of you and your company.

Key elements I feel are part of the success of your website?
Clear explanation of what you can do for them.
Why they should choose you, from the sea of others doing the same thing.
Leaving them feel assured they can trust you.
Showing your commitment to them and the community.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:03 pm

I feel like the key is building interest and trust in a single page by means of the most visual methods. A photograph, some key phrases, bullet points...that kind of thing.

Maybe even include a link that will "Rick Roll" them when they click on it. Very Happy

(You youngster will not get that joke)
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:06 pm

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:49 pm

By going all in on the website, you will attract young and middle age customers, which can be a bad thing ( money's tight ) and it can be a good thing, young professionals don't have much time to research things, they usually rely on review websites like Yelp or Angie's list, but they can be hooked through a great website filled with info that make them believe you are the one for the job, I've had a few customers after talking to me on the phone for a few minutes said "okay you're the first one I called and I'm not going to call anyone else, I'd like to make an appointment".
So yes I would say go all in, spend some time to create some good contents and get a professional to build the site.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:49 pm

I get calls two or three times a week from Google wanting to "Verify" my business is still in business. They want to charge me a one time fee of several hundred dollars to make sure I'm still listed. I'm an old school guy without a web site. Nearly all my business comes from referral or repeat customers. Am I missing something with Goggle or ??? Rocking Chair

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:09 pm

I fought with those calls all last year to the tune of 5 per day at times. I also took down my website about 6 months ago since I do mostly commercial and didn't see any real value to a website at the time.

Now, when I google "carpet cleaners by zip" for my area, I don't even show up any more!! Shocked I don't exist to the potential customers at all right now. I am not alone either, there are 15 cleaners in my immediate area and only 4 show up on the search....and one of them is a roofing company! None of us replied to those google calls and now we are paying for it.

My design to get a new website up and pay the pro to get me to show up on searches will be vital for this year's move into more residential work. Compared to the cleaners that do show up, only half even have a website, so it will be easy to stand out.

Is it necessary to have one in your market? I don't know, but I didn't pay google and now I don't exist outside of referrals. If you can live on that, then you may not need it, but if you start getting calls from people asking if you were still cleaning....then you will know that something went wrong.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:08 pm

RR, it's not likely Google. All you guys need is a simple site and the understanding of who you're in competition with.

I had six sites ahead of me when I did nothing to get into 6th place (just got a cheap one page site for now).....then I made a couple tweaks and now I'm number 1.....usually the competition gets number one by default and forgets about it. They have no idea the reason they are slow is because someone else now takes the calls.

Get a good domain....and the rest is a secret.Airborne

Today from Google alone I booked a nice $900 job and an easy $560 job that is empty and not to soiled. Google brings quality. Ignore the calls.....Google will not likely call you, they usually say they are partnered with Google.....hell, I can partner with them too.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Devon,

Pretend i don't know how to get a good domain (I don't). How should I proceed?

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:07 pm

RR, godaddy.com is the place to start, if the domain is available, snatch it right away, cause it may not be available 5 minutes later.
Get something like "carpetcleaningoahu.com" or "carpetcleaninghonolulu.com" or be creative and put dashes in between words if those samples up there are taken.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Just by having those domain, it should.boost your position locally and Scott is right, those companies claiming partnered with Google are SEO companies, not affiliated with google, I'm sure some day someone will act and sue all of their asses.
I used to get 5 - 10 of them a day, I just kept pressing 9 or 8 or 2, 90% of them use those numbers to delete your phone number from their database.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:12 pm

DP explained it well. Get one ASAP you want what your potential customer will put in google looking for your service. If a guy lives in Los Angeles and needs a carpet cleaner I suspect he would type in "Carpet Cleaning Los Angeles" into Google = www.Carpetcleaninglosangeles.com after this domain gets put with a fair amount of SEO it will rank well....Los Angeles is a very tough market when it comes to Google but you Rob and I have a hidden jewel....lack of competition ONLINE. even if they are there ....its usually by default and with you knowing this you can dominate the area. It takes about three months to get penetration but do it know...I didnt know mine updated until I started getting calls saying I just googled you. lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:38 am

Okay, the professional route is dead.

I just spoke to two companies in my area that specialize in this kind of thing and their quotes were 8-10k plus $2500 / month for SEO work.....and it would take 9 weeks to get started. Shocked

Clearly, I don't need that to challenge the 15 cleaners in my area....most without websites. I will go a simpler route and follow your advice Devon, I should be able to accomplish that sooner for about $1200.

Ten grand to build a website? I am in the wrong business.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Yep...and if you pay them that, they will take it. Its a good idea if you are in a market for it...I know you are not. PM me Rob...I can lead you down a simple road. Actually we could talk via phone. If you have time I will have some "free time " about 7 or 8pm this evening. I'll send you my #
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down