Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Pricing structure- How do you charge?

5 posters

Go down

Pricing structure- How do you charge? Empty Pricing structure- How do you charge?

Post by Cjcann Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:31 pm

I have always charged by the square foot. Just the way I was brought in to this business. I was wondering how many guys charge by the room and how it works out for them. I don't do a lot of upselling. I prefer to charge more and do a really good job, thoughts?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Pricing structure- How do you charge? Empty Re: Pricing structure- How do you charge?

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Commercial is based on time and square foot. I know that I can cover up to 1,500 sqft on commercial, but I estimate the job using a 1,000 sqft per hour production and $150 per hour tate.

On residential, I use flat pricing. I find that customers get a deer in the headlight look when I used to measure out sqft and that a flat price just takes that off the table.

I have not received any criticisms yet for it...they all see to like that method.

So, a bedroom is one rate, living room is double a bedroom, basements are like living rooms, etc. The only exception is for stairs which are by step.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Pricing structure- How do you charge? Empty Re: Pricing structure- How do you charge?

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Sounds like you are on the premium end of the spectrum. If it works for you, just do it!

When I cleaned carpets, it was by the room. No one wanted to mess with square foot pricing in my area. Everyone else charges by the room here, so that's what people know.

I offer commercial, by the square foot, and I have no business with carpets at this point, nor the desire and drive to mess with it.

I'm into glass these days. I clean windows. I offer options of interior + exterior, outs only, or "certain windows only" or whatever combination they need. Upsells for me are hardwater stain removal, high dusting, screen cleaning, construction debris removal, glass restoration (long time since glass was cleaned), and glass shower restoration.

I also upcharge for sills and tracks.

Everything beyond just cleaning the glass, eats away at my target hourly rate, so I upcharge for things to balance it back out.

Today I had two "minimum" charge jobs, with the clients just wanting certain high reach windows done. 4 hours of work for $400. Target and goal accomplished.

Easy upsells for you would be shower restoration, carpet protectant, sealing/color sealing grout, high reach dusting, etc. You could make a "menu" card that is laminated offering your upsells, and you wouldn't even have to feel "pushy" about offering the upsells.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:27 pm

I like the menu card idea....low pressure approaches are good. My problem is that I don't care for protector. In fact, I am sort of against use them at all. Upsells for me has just been the addition of furniture or tile to a carpet job.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Well, I never loved protector either. But if the customer wants it, despite me not being a proponent, why argue with them? If they still want it, I'll put it on if they are paying.

I'm all for doing something within my means/what I want to do, to make an upsell and making me the money I desire to make.

Missing opportunities, can never be redone. I try to keep a sharp eye and a good listening ear out, to what troubles my clients.

One lady today, etched her glass with wasp spray. Must have had some type of acid in it. 2 1/2 story high window. Could NOT get the circles off her glass. Told her that the outer pane of glass needed to be replaces or polished. This is something I have wanted to add to my business, but to be honest, not in this case. The window would need to be removed, and brought to ground level to be polished. Not something I am equipped to do, nor do I want to spend the money for 1-2 jobs like this a year. Besides, what I would need to charge, to make this profitable, would cost more than just replacing the glass.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm

$50 per room average. Some are $45, if its a bed thats taking up almost the whole room with a small walkway we sometimes drop to $40.

$125 minimum covers about 2.5 rooms.

Protector is $15 per area/room

customer moves most all furniture, we will include a little light furniture moving and big pieces we work around unless they want it moved then its priced per item.

Moving a bed, vacuuming and steam cleaning underneath is about 25-30$, and only offered if the room has ample space.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brownieboy Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:53 am

Having a structured and easy to follow price guide for customers helps a lot.

brownieboy

http://www.deltonaflcarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down