Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Trying to decide

+3
dp1
milspec6
kevinj6121
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trying to decide Empty Trying to decide

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 am

I am thinking of buying that quad 6.6 vac motor goliath from steambrite along with the adjustable 1200psi watter otter along with a generator to power just two of the vac motors, other two to be powered from home outlets, also would be buy a hard surface spinner tool. I would set psi on water otter to 400psi when cleaning carpet, when doing hard surface cleaning would turn pressure up of course but no need for all four vac motors thus no need for generator either when doing hard surface cleaning. I chose that quad 6.6 vac motor machine because i want the most suction i can get (for carpet cleaning) without having to buy a TM, don't want one, don't need one, am not a full time cleaner. I figure that machine at 106 pounds is light enough to take out of my dodge grand caravan by myself leave it outside, plug into generator for 2 of the motors then run cords for other two motors to home a 3rd for water otter. I'll worry about heat later. I do have a 175 rotary with solution tank and carpet brush, my 175 also has a spray jet and pump so i can either gravity feed solution thru carpet brush onto carpet or turn on the pump and spray, also have a 15inch CRB and a hydroforce injection sprayer, good chems and agitation should make up for lack of heat in my opinion. Opinions and suggestions please
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Trying to decide Empty Re: Trying to decide

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:53 am

I have to stand on my earlier advice, I think you are better off using that money towards a TM at this point. I just don't think you will be happy down the road with all this equipment compared to running a TM.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:49 pm

The set up time is going to kill you over time, I see an everest for sale for $ 5800 in LA craigslist, the condition is a little rough ( sears brand on it ) go figure ! But I bet if you offer $ 4000 he'll take it, probably $ 500 in transport and $ 500 in parts if you need to buy parts, $ 5000 and you'll get a reliable TM, assuming major parts are working properly.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:34 pm

If it works for you, great.

Myself, I wouldn't spend that much money on portable equipment. I'd buy a used TM.

You might not see the sense in it, but even looking at resale, no way I would take a hit like that. I've learned my lesson.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:45 pm

If I were to buy a TM it would only be a new one, it scares me to buy something like that used, I don't want to buy anyone else's problem.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm sure ACE would probably agree, but even the new ones can be problems. Repairs are just part of business and if you buy a simple system, there isn't that much to go wrong.

Butler is leasing a new van and machine package for less than $800 / month for 24 months. I don't know if that is a great deal, but as long as you are busy, it sure wouldn't be bad. New van and machine sounds good to me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 pm

milspec6 wrote:I'm sure ACE would probably agree, but even the new ones can be problems. Repairs are just part of business and if you buy a simple system, there isn't that much to go wrong.

Butler is leasing a new van and machine package for less than $800 / month for 24 months. I don't know if that is a great deal, but as long as you are busy, it sure wouldn't be bad. New van and machine sounds good to me.

That's 4 - 5 jobs on average to pay for the lease ? And practically zero headache on issues ( I assume they repair all issues free of charge since it's a lease ? )

I would snatch on that deal if I don't already have set ups.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Btw why are the emojis on and off ? Sometimes they show up and other times they don't ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 pm

If this was March, I would have placed the order, but things have slowed a lot around here, so I am not in the market right now.

For a moderately busy business without harsh winters, it seems like a great deal.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:02 am

I live in Calabash NC, Not a highly populated area, the closest place for me to take a TM for repairs when needed is an hour away, so if i had to take it in I have to have a friend follow me there to drop it off then bring me home, then again to pick it up, thats 4 hours of drive time i have to inconvenience someone. As opposed to fixing something myself on a portable in less then 30 min, provided i had the part of course, Which i can order and keep a spare vac motor, switches etc.... and keep on hand, not to mention a lot less operating cost. Sorry guys I know you mean well and are just trying to help but a TM is not in the future anytime to soon. Of course if money were no object i'd jump right in and am sure I'd like it.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:46 am

Direct Drive systems are all being repaired by the owners these days for the most part. Butler systems use automotive switches and relays so my local auto mechanic does the work that I don't want to tackle....it has never been to a distributor for repair in 10,000 hours.

I do understand your thinking and like I say, it is your business and you get to decide how you want it to run. I did it your way for 3 years and never thought I would consider a TM either, but now I can't recommend it stronger.....and so I do.

As long as your wand is moving, your making money. Keep that up and you will know if you made the right decision soon enough.

Always glad to see one of the good guys having success....keep it up.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 am

Just wanted to throw this out. One of my customers has a van package deal for sell. 04 chevy van 170000 miles oil changed every month tires rotated every other month. Tnt unit setup and ready to go just connect water hose and go to work. I have serviced unit every month for the last two years. $12,000
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:38 am

where is this person located
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Asheboro NC. I am brokering the deal on behalf of the owner
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:51 pm

12k = $240 mo. =1-2 jobs.
170k miles doesn't scare me,as long as its been taken care of.
Sounds like it has.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:12k = $240 mo. =1-2 jobs.
170k miles doesn't scare me,as long as its been taken care of.
Sounds like it has.

But but but but it's a chevy though, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:17 pm

I agree, the mileage means very little. My van has 120k miles on it, but it runs the whole day cleaning as well. Must have close to 240k miles on the lower end of this motor in cumulative running time.

I think $12,000 is right about where you want to be with your fist TM set-up. Like it has been pointed out, that is just one cleaning per month to pay for it.

You just have to like using propane for your heater with that machine.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:03 am

Yeah, sounds like a good deal, especially in your situation ( far from distributors ), TNT I believe uses regular car parts that you can get from auto parts store ? And I heard it's pretty simple and straightforward design, the only downside is the propane part, but I think you'll get used to it after a few weeks.

Good luck Kevin :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 am

ACE Services wrote:Asheboro NC. I am brokering the deal on behalf of the owner

anyway to get some pics of this unit
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 am

there is a sun belt usa in raileigh NC but thats a 3 hr drive one way, they opened a satellite store in Wilmington NC which is an hour from me and they do sell and service the judson TNT TM's
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Kevin send me a pm with your number and I'll text or email them to you
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Sounds like it is worth the 1 hour drive to check one out in person. Then if you like it, consider the unit ACE has put forth.

It is a very simple and reliable machine. I wish I liked the propane part better, but I was spoiled for too many years....still, it isn't a big deal.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:54 am

Remember when i got this machine and posted a vid, still got it use it all the time, holding up good and works great

https://youtu.be/VeKV1mKpHSM

kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:30 am

Just playing around cleaning my garage, decided to play a little with the LTD5, decent suction with 105ft of hose, great at 50ft which is 90% of my jobs, sometimes i need to add an extra 15ft with no noticeable difference than at 50, but with a booster a major increase with that not so bad booster, I may just pull the trigger on the mytee vacuum booster so all vac motors will be the same. Should be able to do 150ft hose runs with excellent suction and good dry times. According to mytee a 4500 watt generator will run the LTD5 so maybe i just get 6000 watt one to be on the safe side and not work the generator so hard. Leave the 135pound LTD5 in van and just roll a 46pound booster to the front door and leave on the porch. Still thinking this hole thing thru.

https://youtu.be/QwHJUzsOen4
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 am

Imo propane heat is actually a huge bonus, especially if its a #4 heater. I love fuel fired heat.

"I'll worry about heat later" <---- that I would not recommend.. heat is very very important in cleaning performance.

That TNT set up sounds like a good deal to me. Its always hard when used to using portables to go the TM route but once you do you say "wtf was I doing before"

I agree that all the set up time with all the cords and generator etc is not worth it.

I was porty for years cleaning residential and hospitals, then CFX with rotovac and electric inline heaters popping circuits, then nice electric truck mount with 300cfm and a #3 little giant, still sometimes popping circuits.

I see guys running generators, 2 more cords, inline heaters on another cord, then boosters, water otters...

just take it from us, all that mess is not at all worth it.

get a TM that is as simple as a pressure washer. you can take care of and run a pressure washer right?? Im sure you can.

Both our TMs are basically a pressure washer with a waste tank and a vacuum blower plus propane heat.

We fire up the units and have smoking hot water in just a few wands strokes, I love the simplicity of propane heat and would never go the heat exchanger route.

Any break down with the TNT or the relia built is a trip to any O'reily or auto parts store.

Kevin, give Kasey @ Relia-built truck mounts a call. you will not be disappointed. You can get a brand new 45 blower machine for around 8-9k. Its what we will be putting in our 3rd truck.

The way he sets up the 45blower with the 27hp motor and coupler driven its got tons of vacuum. We have a wand with a worn out glide and at full throttle I can barely do a stroke back and forth, its locked to the floor.

I love the TNT but it does not have that much power with the same blower

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next