Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New Lesson learned today

3 posters

Go down

New Lesson learned today Empty New Lesson learned today

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 pm

I was refilling my propane belly tank today and ran into an old friend and customer of my Father's refilling the tank on his hot air balloon.  This is a very interesting guy who used to launch his balloon from our farm when I was a kid....even forgot to tie the basket to it once forcing us to chase a balloon for a couple of miles.

Anyway, we started talking and he was checking out my box truck set-up and told me that he just had his house cleaned by a company out of town.  He was not happy with the results either and I told him that he should have called me instead.

This is where the lesson comes in.  He said that he heard about me years ago and watched me cleaning the local bank, store fronts, and heard that I also cleaned for other commercial clients.  He assumed that I only cleaned commercial buildings as a result.  The other company only advertises residential and is only seen cleaning homes, so that was who he thought of first when he needed a cleaner.

I never advertised myself as only a commercial cleaner, but the word of mouth always mentions the commercial work that I do when my name comes up.  Even the store front and offices that I clean for seem surprised when I tell them that I clean residential as well.

I never considered that my image would have become associated with just commercial cleanings and thus cause me to be over-looked when people need to clean their homes.  I suppose driving around in a box truck might have helped to solidify that thinking even more.

I have some work to do now to turn this around before Spring.  I guess I have my marching orders now for this winter and will have to formulate a plan to fix this image.

Oh, by the way, I was invited to join the next ballooning event with this guy.  He must be near 80 now and although holds a World Ballooning Record, he will always be the same guy that failed to attach the basket 40 years ago in my field.  Not sure if I will take him up on it....riding around in the winter in a wicker basket with an 80 year old might be more risk than I am willing to take.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

New Lesson learned today Empty Re: New Lesson learned today

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Regarding the commercial image, one word of advise : "keywords", you need to put more "residential" word everywhere, your website, your Google listing, etc. You also need to post more residential cleaning pictures everywhere.

Regarding the hot air balloon, well you're on your own there bud, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 pm

I think that is very sound advice...both the keywords and the balloon avoidance. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Off topic. I ordered a hole glide and some other parts from a guy names Joe who was banned from the site several years ago. I need to order another one. Do you know the name of the company and how to contact them? Appreciate it.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Wanders
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down