Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

smoke odor

2 posters

Go down

smoke odor Empty smoke odor

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:12 pm

How do you get rid of smoke odor???
We had a new pellet stove installed and...
Short story is: back pressure caused smoke to back up into house. Smells everywhere. Happened 3 days ago. We have opened up everything twice to air it out. Came home today(no one has been home all day) to a strong smell.
-I could ozone it. I could borrow from a competitor. But I like other options 1st.
Fog it with ??
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

smoke odor Empty Re: smoke odor

Post by milspec6 Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Ozone shock is still the best method followed by wiping down everything with a smoke counteractant with soot sponges. I hate those chemicals and would urge the ozone shock treatments instead.

If you don't already have one capable of shock levels, take a look at MaxBlaster, they have been very good to me and the price is very reasonable. It is a very handy tool for any cleaner to have in his/her arsenal.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Borrowed an ozone machine from a friend,customer and landlord.
Doing the treatment right now. Going to head over and shut it off and air it out.
XX = crossing fingers
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm

There is a trick to using ozone that some may not be aware of, so let me fill in some details.

One, don't let the machine run at shock levels for more than an hour, especially in a tightly closed off room. The machine converts the oxygen into ozone and once the oxygen is depleated, it can't generate anything and will become corrosive. So, run them in 30 - 60 minute intervals with an airing out in between treatments.

Two, ozone is heavier than oxygen, so it is best to place the device on an elevated level. I set them on top of a step ladder under a ceiling fan if there is one to help distribute it better. If you just place it on the floor, you may not reach the ceiling level and that is where a lot of the smoke particulates will have settled into the material.

The last note is about the risk of ozone itself. You can safely enter the room to open a window without dropping dead...many seem to think otherwise for some reason and buy units with built-in timers and other safety junk. You don't want to be in the room during the shock treatment playing cards, but entering to introduce more oxygen is perfectly safe. At worst, you might get some irritation to your throat on long exposures, but that is all. Ozone will kill plants, however, and can yellow curtains, etc. as it is an oxidizer. Most of the time, damage only happens if the machine was allowed to run for too long allowing the air to become corrosive. I can't tell you how many cleaners will leave a machine running over-night and when the problem isn't fixed, add another unit to the room and do it all over again....every tool must be used correctly to gain success.

They really do work very well on smoke and odors, but you need to do it in short durations or you are wasting your time and possibly damaging the material and device in the process. Also make sure that you can reach "shock" levels or you are wasting your time as well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down