Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Finally Spring

4 posters

Go down

Finally Spring Empty Finally Spring

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm

First day of spring brought snow, over-cast skies, and drizzle all day, but we are about to break out the mid-50's all the rest of this week!! My website is getting more hits and I have already received a few texts from people asking how far out they need to book a job?

I think the ice is breaking and things are about to start ramping up....ant not a moment too soon. Bring on the Spring!!!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Finally Spring Empty Re: Finally Spring

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Go go go go go go go
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 pm

It is uncomfortable to count on global warming, but the warmer the better.

I had one of my regulars just text me a question on how to clean up dog urine? I was nice and offered some DIY steps they could try. Long story short, I will be cleaning Thursday on that one.

The month looks like it will still end well below normal for March, but there are some poitive indicators for April. Fingers still crossed.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Things are really picking up. 2 a day is week.
Putting a large postcard campaign together; with my chiropractor and my HVAC guy. 
No, they are not part of the "My network" "my carpet cleaner, my HVAC, my chiro.
Friends of mine and I use them. Wanted a Dentist, but his partner nixt it.
Sending out 1500/week, large 5.5" x 8.5", full color. $145/week
Want to add a 4th biz, and go 2000/week.
First go round I expect 2-3 jobs per week.
I did this 15 years ago with a pizza and pic frame shop. Should of kept wit it.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Sounds great Matt, I would love to have seen 2 per day at any point this month. This week was a complete bust, nothing happening at all. I have a big night slotted for Monday which will be a good ticket (if I don't drop of a heart attack) but it can't save the month as it will not pay out for another 2-3 weeks.

I had to take a hard look at my situation today and I am really at a loss on what to do. March has always been my best month and would often come close to the $10k mark, so all I had to do was survive winter and I would get breathing room going into the spring. I limped into it this time around and the month was a flop. Five years of consistent track record of March being a great month just ended in disaster. I have done better in July than I did this month

So that's it, I have to go back to working for someone else again. I probably waited too long already so things are going to get rough for awhile in the bill department. I get to start all over again for the 3rd time in my life. At least I am experinced in failure so I don't need to read the map.

Good luck gang, I hope you all kill it this year.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Sorry to hear that bob. It's been a sucky year for me too at leat I picked up some work the last two weeks but not enough to beat last yeats march
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear that bob. It's been a sucky year for me too at leat I picked up some work the last two weeks but not enough to beat last last march

Worst case youll find a job and osnthe cleaning part time and get out offthis roller coaster
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 am

Well, it wasn't a surprise that I am in this situation...it has been a steady decline for awhile. I am getting a lot of traffic through my website and it is encouraging to see a lot of quote requests coming in from a town that I almost never hear from. There are signs that things could take off in April, but it is coming a little late. Just too many things went wrong this winter....this month being the biggest disappointment with numbers down by almost 60% compared to the last 5 years.

I did just finish up cleaning a theater to include the orchestra pit (just under 11,000 sqft) in less than 6 hours. I was really moving well and steady, but I am darn sore now after the drive home. I really couldn't afford the helper tonight, so I just hit it solo. It will be a nice pay-out except that I don't see those checks for another 2-3 weeks. It will certainly help April, but it was just a gas bill for March. I did get a couple of my return customers ask for cleanings off the website when I got home, so there should be some more work this week. That is another good sign.

The plan is to find a day job that has the days off during the week. That way, the commercial in the evenings are still covered and I can direct residential to those weekdays. Of course I don't know of any job like that around here, so who knows what ends up happening. I just might sell everything off, move to the beach and live in some dump apartment. Being a dedicated beach bum sounds pretty good these days after 3 days of cold rain.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 pm

The only reason I don't sell my house and live some where cheap is that I still have a daughter in high school.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 am

They have high schools everywhere you go Mo, but I get your point. I am getting pretty close to making such drastic changes....very close indead.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 pm

milspec6 wrote:So that's it, I have to go back to working for someone else again.   

Hopefully you can get a job that has lots of public contact that will generate more leads for your business.
Homer Building Maintenanc
Homer Building Maintenanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Homer Building Maintenanc wrote:
milspec6 wrote:So that's it, I have to go back to working for someone else again.   

Hopefully you can get a job that has lots of public contact that will generate more leads for your business.

My thoughts as well, but so far there really isn't much out there. I was invited to join the Sheriff's department a few counties away after bumping into an old friend of mine from my Prison Officer days. He was sincere, but it was actually across the river and into the next State about an hour away. It would be a good job and I like that kind of work, but I would have to move to that State and County which is not that easy to do.

Something has to work, maybe I will just go buy a power ball ticket tonight?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down