Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Better sprayers

4 posters

Go down

Better sprayers Empty Better sprayers

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 pm

I am at that point again where I need a better sprayer on residential. Not for presprays, the inline sprayers are the only choice for me, but for applying urine pre-treatments or deodorizers. It would be nice if it worked for upholstery as well. I really despise pump-up sprayers as they do not last very long and often with a lousy gun assembly to boot.

Here is what I am looking at for options:

= Building a keg sprayer. I have access to 2.5 gallon tanks for about $50 each. I would just need a good gun assembly and hose.
= Hudson Battery sprayers (I have never tried one)
= Replacing the pump in my old Multisprayer unit

I like the concept of the multisprayer as I could just carry loaded jugs and swap them out as needed, but that pump was only 60 psi and a pitiful gpm rate. I might be able to upgrade the pump size, but there isn't much space in there. The keg sprayer would be 100 psi, super easy to fill, and probably would have a good gpm rating. A keg would be the heavy choice though, but I could attach a 30 foot hose and leave it in the hallway. The Hudson battery sprayer looks like a good one, but I don't know how good of a wand it has nor the specs as to gpm and psi. At about $130, it sounds high for a plastic tool.

Thoughts?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Better sprayers Empty Re: Better sprayers

Post by ACE Services Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:35 am

What gpm are you looking for. As for the spray gun find one that you like and change it. I have one that I have been using for a test wand that went on a hydra force sprayer, just put a #3 jet on it . Has a 18 in ext on it.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:21 am

HI, I changed me profile name from ElDiabloz to Cjcann, just thought it was time for a change. I use the Hudson battery sprayer for my prespraying. Don't know if it would be applicable for what you want. Why not just switch out jugs for your inline sprayer if you need the high psi. Otherwise fix the multi sprayer. If you go the keg sprayer route, consider the solo valves and lances, very reliable. You can order a Stainless steel wand/lance from Gemplers ag supply if you don't like the plastic one that comes with it. There is also a solo hose barb that can be purchased from amazon to adapt to different size hoses.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Welcome back CJcann and thanks for the thoughts. I don't really need high psi, just something better than the 60 psi that came with the multisprayer. I think 100 psi would be more to my liking along with maybe 1.5 gpm flow rate. There just isn't enough room for that upgrade on the multipsrayer. The Hudson looks like it has potential, but it would have to be the battery version which comes with it's owm limitations and probably not near 100 psi either.

The reason behind the higher quality metal lances is that I strap the UV light to it when I apply urine pre-treatments. Just walk along hitting all the spots instead of marking them with chalk or poker chips. The keg sprayer would give me the 100 psi and I could add a longer hose to it without having to worry about power cords or batteries. I just have never used one before and I know that they do not work with peroxides.

I guess I could just dial down the TM to 100 psi and use multiple jugs on the inline sprayer...not sure if that would be the best option, but certainly one to re-consider. The only issue would be needing to purge the line between container changes to avoid mixing incompatible chemicals.

Sitting here while it snows outside with a forecast of 12 degrees tonight allows me time to contemplate ways to improve my efficiencies. Can't do much else.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I wish you're closer to me, I have something very similar to Hudson sprayer sitting nicely in my garage, I think even if you just pay for shipping, it's still not worth it. It is rechargeable, I think it's 60 psi.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 am

dp1 wrote:I wish you're closer to me, I have something very similar to Hudson sprayer sitting nicely in my garage, I think even if you just pay for shipping, it's still not worth it. It is rechargeable, I think it's 60 psi.

The fact that it is collecting dust tells me it wasn't the best tool on the van.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 am

Well, it works well for what I thought would increase efficiency ( my tech pre spray with that sprayer and I clean ), but it didn’t work out as well as I thought it would, the pressure is okay for decent carpet, for heavy soiled, not so much, plus we have to refill after spraying a few rooms, that’s why it’s not being used.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am

That was my experience with it as well...on light soiled carpet it was fine, but nothing else. Even upholstery was better off using a small solo sprayer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down