Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Upping advertising dollars.....

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Upping advertising dollars..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Upping advertising dollars.....

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 pm

I couldn’t agree more James, the last time I reluctantly gave discount which was a good 6 months ago ended up a disaster, the lady was crazy stupid, I almost never give discounts, prior to that crazy stupid lady, the last discount I gave was about a year prior, after that incident, I promised myself not to ever give discounts anymore, people that asks for discounts are jerks, not loyal, wants pennies for dollars, they are b!tches and a$$holes, sorry, that’s my personal experience with them. They want to hire the yellow truck because they have $ 99 specials, I just grin or laugh, and tell them don’t call me and ask me to fix their work later.

Now I’ve given freebie to a couple of customers because they look like they could use the $$ and I felt the calling to not charge them.

Now that’s just for my market though, I’m sure every market is different, I used to give discounts too here a long time ago but I had to explain MUCH more about certain stains, wear and tear, etc, otherwise it’s just a difficult class of customers to please.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Upping advertising dollars..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Upping advertising dollars.....

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 pm

I think you just touched on a significant distinction, I don't give discounts to those that ask for one either. I give discounts when I feel it is warranted and not the other way around. If asked for a cheaper price, nope, I don't do that either for the very reasons that you mentioned.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 am

Just to update the discount customer....

I did their windows. They were VERY pleased and he commented that I seemed to know more than he thought I would. Likely, the first time ever hiring a pro.

He DID agree to have me back at a yearly return minimum. No if he follows through, we will see.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Positive feedback is always a good thing, especially from a reluctant customer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 am

The only reason he was reluctant, is because he is cheap.

An ex banker (retired), so that surprised me he was cheap. Most of them I have met, are not like that.

He was impressed, because I showed him how to remove a small hardwater stain on one of his windows, that gets hit with his lawn irrigation. Gave him a piece of bronze wool to use when he needed it. Advised him against using chemicals on the glass, and told him why.

He also showed me two windows that "I missed". After showing him the dirt was on the inside, by the second time, he felt pretty embarrassed. LMAO. I LOVE when people do that on exterior only cleans. I always put on a big sympathy show to make them know I am concerned about it. They feel about an inch tall after I show them it's on the inside. Very Happy

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 am

I think the key is that your customer was retired, everyone seems to become cheap when they don't have new money coming in like the old days. I watched my Father do that even though he has a full military medical pension plus a well funded IRA, but all he kept saying was that he has to be careful since he can no longer clock in some overtime to cover big bills. The man was getting $4200 tax free from the military each month, free medical and dental, and still had $750,000 in an IRA....not counting Social Security income, yet to him he was broke.

I think when you spend your entire life as a workaholic you can't transition to any other lifestyle.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3