Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The real problem with telemarketers

4 posters

Go down

The real problem with telemarketers Empty The real problem with telemarketers

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:51 pm

I was sent to another city to carry mail on Thursday. It was supposed to be my day off so it was already irritating and not knowing the area that I was sent to didn't help my mood one bit. Anyway, over the course of the day, I received 8 phone scammers, each time forcing me to stop the truck and dig out the phone...each time getting angrier at the discovery.

At about 4 pm, the phone rings again while I was in dense traffic and nearly done with the route. It was an out of town number so I was immediately furious at what appeared to be scammer call number 9. I answered the call rather gruffly and the lady on the other end nervously asked if this was my company name as I didn't bother to give it. I curtly said yes and asked what she wanted. Turned out she was the bank President that I cleaned for last year and she wanted to schedule a full house clean including accent rugs and furniture. This is a mcmansion out in the country with 8 bedrooms, spiral staircase, and office. It was big ticket the last time and now she is adding more items to the list. I nearly blew it with the way I answered the phone.

I had to explain myself a bit and caution her that my schedule isn't as flexible these days as they used to be, but we managed to make a tenative appointment for early part of next week. It will be a long day of cleaning and a long drive to get there, but well worth the end result. The real question will be if the post office takes away another day off, will I be able to keep the customer from calling someone else?

This is what really irritates me about all these robo-calls, they cry wolf so often that you stop answering the phone or just answer them in a less-than-professional manner. Hell knows how many jobs get lost because the ringer was turned off after the 7th robo-call in an afternoon. Just really frustrating and there seems to be no end in sight to it.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The real problem with telemarketers Empty Re: The real problem with telemarketers

Post by Freemind1 Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I cut down the amount of those robo calls SIGNIFICANTLY, by blocking any of them that call me. They can never call me from that number again.
I think you have an IPhone, so I wouldn't know how to block them on one.

So far, I seem to cut it down to maybe one or two calls a day, that get blocked.

I get though, what your frustration is. It's just ridiculous how many of those calls we get.....

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

The real problem with telemarketers Empty Re: The real problem with telemarketers

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 pm

I have used several apps already to try and cut down the number, but you are only allowed to block so many per day. Despite having blocked over 40 numbers thus far in the last 2 months, I am still receiving as many as 12 per day. It is crazy.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:12 pm

I heard that Verizon has an app that instructs callers to "push 2 to be connected"
Keep thinking I should check it out; but o.m.s gets in the way.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:29 pm

O.m.s ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:06 pm

That sounds interesting Matt, I may have to look into it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:15 pm

OMS- old man syndrome
have an idea to do something(check into telemarketer screening app), BUT later I forget i was going to check into that.
About the only thing I dont forget; when I walk into the bathroom, I know why Im there.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Lol laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down