Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Dev Pro Wand Loaner Program - Try it before you buy

+4
Royal Man
SCCC
Davey Cracker
Mo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dev Pro Wand Loaner Program - Try it before you buy - Page 2 Empty Re: Dev Pro Wand Loaner Program - Try it before you buy

Post by SCCC Sat May 23, 2015 8:26 am

Okay I use to think the same way about a swivel, and you are all correct.
The funny thing is when guys come up with tools for this industry they design it around there problem or concern.
Like the Zipper. The Z is a perfect example, he does a lot of big open work and he has a big TM to handle the vac and heat....he designed a perfect tool.
You get a lot of mixed reviews on the zipper because most of us are not using it the same way on big carpet jobs, they are trying to use it in smaller areas that is was never really intended and because of that is gets a bad review. But I don't think that is really fair because it is just not being used like it was originally designed to do.
Now the swivel, I did not want a wand that just flopped over or I had to work to hold it upright, I wanted a wand where I could tilt it at the baseboard garbage channel and suck the debris up the wand.
So my wand has a bit of resistance to it it swivels but not like a Bentley, you kinda have to make it swivel, so it remains more like a rigid wand but will swivel when you need it to.
When/if you try it remember that the guy that designed it cleans 80% empty open work, and on occasion needs a wand to have the ability to swivel in homes that it needs too.
I also understand that it won't be for everybody and that is okay too.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Dev Pro Wand Loaner Program - Try it before you buy - Page 2 Empty Re: Dev Pro Wand Loaner Program - Try it before you buy

Post by SCCC Sat May 23, 2015 8:37 am

Also you ask why not put a lock? You need to think of it this way, a swivel is designed to do what? Swivel so to try and add a lock is just trying to take the main design out of the design, I get it but to add a lock to something that was designed to move is just adding another area that has to withstand abuse everyday.
I pin to lock is going to be subjected to a ton of force when wand is turned onto it side to grind on a spot, believe it or not EVEN MORE if you have a glide on the wand because now you are putting a poop load of downward force on the wand itself but you are scrubbing with a stick of butter (GLIDE) the glide really offers no kinda agitation at all for the amount of force being applied.
So a lock is just to risky for the amount of possible failure due to it being locked.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks for the response Tom.

So the swivel is like a sealed ball bearing. I noticed you had a swivel maintenance video.I haven't seen the video in its entirety  How often does this maintenance need to be performed and how much would a replacement be if or when the bearings/swivel need to be replaced?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue May 26, 2015 7:09 am

Yes ball bearings, how often...well I would like to see guys do it about a month or so after they have used the wand, this just helps flush it out, kinda like breaking in a new motor. After that it is totally up t the end user.
I have guys testing swivel here in town with me...so far they are as good as when we first started, so how long will they last....we are waiting to find out.
My goal was a year, I know a lot of you are like a YEAR!! We are talking about something that takes a pretty decent amount of abuse day in day out, so I think a year is pretty good.
I think we will easily surpass that without even blinking the swivels are showing no signs of any type of weakness yet (knock on wood)
Swivel replacement 120-150 range
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue May 26, 2015 7:15 am

Thanks for the response Tom. I would imagine it would depend on how often you use the swivel. I thought it was like ball bearings in an wheel that would last years.

I wonder if the swivel on the mitee wand is supposed to be replaced?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue May 26, 2015 7:28 am

I think it may last years, a YEAR is just a TARGET date but I built it to last forever, but till these ones I am testing with friends breaks, we have no idea.
I have heard Mytee going for years....if this is true I don't see how mine would fall short of that, totally different design, and in the two designs, wear in each one is going to affect performance in a totally different way.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ken@sani-tech.com Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:28 am

Hey Tom, I'm new to this forum, second time on... up in BC middle of Vancouver Island. Would love to try one out when the final product is out. Don't mind paying for it up front and getting it shipped to Can Amer freight in Blaine for whatever it costs since we Canucks have to bend over for the US/Canadian Peso exchange anyway.
250-752-1343.

Also hava CDS 4.8 Salsa for sale 2006 will post in Classifieds when I get pics.,,, and possibly our original 1999 Cleanco 45 that's a daily runner/backup van.

ken@sani-tech.com

http://www.sani-tech.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:28 am

Welcome Ken. Would you mind posting a review of the wand once you get it?

Tom make sure you give Ken the cleaners lounge member discount price
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Ken did Tom get a hold of you?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:49 am

Ken,
I would be more than Happy to put a wand together for you, I don't now about a loaner for this as you are so far away.
We offer a 30 trial no problem if you want to try it out.
I came to this forum to just hang out and bs with the guys, I have been asked to do a loaner program for the Dev filter, the DevPro wand and the truth is I didn't come here to talk about my few products.
I believe this loaner program was a bust from the start as nobody asked when it was first brought up...and really that is perfectly a okay with me.
As far as lounge pricing....I don't feel I need to offer any deals to the lounge, I don't do it anywhere else.
I also don't expect any review either...I have never asked or told any customer to give a review...what ever reviews that have been given is totally up to the end user.
Review requests only cause problems, I do like to read them when guys right them but I use my products every day as I clean for my own customers and property management work so I get a my feed back on how things work first hand.
I work on a few products, I am not a full out supplier of products, and do to the problems I have with a certain person I ask that most just keep there opinion to themselves to avoid any problems they may run into if they do say something.
I can tell you the shipping up to your area is going to be 160.00+ so that is a lot to be putting out. Then you would need to send it back or to someone else.
It would also be a pretty cheap way to get a wand if you were to not send it back, just saying.
I am not desperate to sell my products, so I would prefer to just run this though the normal steps, that way all are protected...You and I.
Sorry but I have been taken to many times from the forums.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ken@sani-tech.com Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:21 am

Hey Tom
We would get it shipped to Can Amer Freight in Blaine and it's $17-34 to Victoria from there. I drive two hours and clear it at Customs myself... but I will hold off on the wand idea until I have the TNT in my van, (same drill) ... got a used 2006 Chev yesterday not just have to orchestrate the shipping of a unit up here to the Great White North. What is the price of a DevPro anyway?

ken@sani-tech.com

http://www.sani-tech.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:28 am

I thought he wasn't asking for a loaner he wanted to buy it outright besides I am the one that approves loaner participants and a new registrant would not qualify.

I was under the impression that you weren't paying for the loaner Tony was. But you're right there is no interest in the loaner here so well go ahead  and just end it.

PS
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2