Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

best floor pad for wood floor cleaning?

+5
Davey Cracker
Mo
Devon07
milspec6
Cjcann
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

best floor pad for wood floor cleaning? - Page 2 Empty Re: best floor pad for wood floor cleaning?

Post by Devon07 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:12 am

I agree AC do you think the white pad in that video took anything off above some soil? I dont, I like to see at least a red pad application....lets get it done! lol The video to me is just a nice thorough clean.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

best floor pad for wood floor cleaning? - Page 2 Empty Re: best floor pad for wood floor cleaning?

Post by Mo Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm

No white pad will not remove anything ore than soil
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Yes, what I usually do is scrub with 175 and red / maroon pad, and that will strip a layer of the finish and then re apply the finish.
The problem is sometimes it's not that simple, when you strip the old finish, sometimes the old finish ends up on the grout lines of the woods and you have to absorp them fast with light moisture mop, if you don't and the old finish dries up you would have to get down on your knee and scrub them out of there, don't ask me how I know Evil or Very Mad
I don't do a lot of wood cleaning because I charge too much for the service, why ? Because people don't need wood cleaning once a year !
Oh, don't even think about scrubbing with 175 on pergo or laminate, this process is only for real wood floors.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Most people need more than a cleaning.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Mo wrote:Most people need more than a cleaning.

Then they should call a wood floor restoration pro, and not some carpet hack. Rolling Eyes
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Speak for yourself
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 pm

its just a deep cleaning, no restoration needed but you do need to re apply some finish if your stripping it

nothing like replacing boards although I can easily do that and a lot more... just installed 1200sq ft last month
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Mo wrote:Speak for yourself

Exactly!!^^

Nothing adds more confusion than stuff like that above?  Are we cleaning pros or general contractors, or wood floor restorers or just Know it all's here? AC?

I can do many things at my own house, 1300 sq ft. lol (but what does that matter?) but that sure doesn't make me a professional in that type of work..

Edit: Maybe it's the lack of commas that make it sound like it knows all?<---intentionally made hard to understand, why not, no one else makes sense. dancing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 am

Thats the beauty of our businesses....we all take them to the level we want....Davey is expensive and higher end stuff. AC reminds me of me back in the day (until the window washing lol) takes on a challenge and makes money doing it. Mo is making some bucks and having fun. DP is a beast tearin up the carpet cleaning world and doing a good job. Rob is probably our most educated guy and stays humble....he has great talent but holds himself back. All of my comments are compliments. you guys are helpful too...this is what makes a furum good to me....I dislike when a forum has an agenda that is self promoting....it is we that need to benefit or its just a giant commercial full of bad info.

There are a couple other guys I could mention too but they dont frequent as much as us....several good companies it sounds.  

Me, Im just an old guy trying to fine tune what Ive learned in the past and leaning on you guys for the "today" stuff. Honestly 80% of why I do this is to stay busy.....money is the rest.

Last edited by Devon07 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:39 am

Haha, good recap. :geek:
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:31 am

Davey Cracker wrote:
Mo wrote:Speak for yourself

Exactly!!^^

Nothing adds more confusion than stuff like that above?  Are we cleaning pros or general contractors, or wood floor restorers or just Know it all's here? AC?

I can do many things at my own house, 1300 sq ft. lol (but what does that matter?) but that sure doesn't make me a professional in that type of work..

Edit: Maybe it's the lack of commas that make it sound like it knows all?<---intentionally made hard to understand, why not, no one else makes sense. dancing

lol, someones panties are in a bunch lately... wonder why
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 am

I think he needs yo get laid Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Just get tired of the bs after awhile. dancing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Going back to the LBC this labor day taking four days off. Tonybwants me to check out his new wand. He says its the boms kickz vt ass. What sobyouvday dave , DP or any bodybelsw in Cali.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't think it would really take that much to out do the VT, but now if he said it was better than the PC Ti copy, that might be impressive.

We'll have to go see what he has copied this time!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Not copy"'style"
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:25 pm

I cant follow drama....everytime it happens I get confused. lol

wait........... was there drama? now im confused with or without it.

All kidding aside, I have a hard time jumping from thread to thread and following who said what and whats going on. Damn kids!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2