Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

stair cleaning without bending over

+3
milspec6
Mo
Peter Breen
7 posters

Go down

stair cleaning without bending over Empty stair cleaning without bending over

Post by Peter Breen Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:24 pm

After hearing and seeing which tool would work the best for me on cleaning stairs using low moisture between a orbit and the hot rod i pulled the plug today and bought the commercial orbit . Tired of the bending over when you don"t have to.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

stair cleaning without bending over Empty Re: stair cleaning without bending over

Post by Mo Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Do you have a pic of this commercial Orbit Peter?
I was using the Challenger  for eight year and it finally burned up. I thought it might be the switch but it wasn't. The price went up to 375.00 on that tool
stair cleaning without bending over Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTKpBWQPDlIkiQV_yH0vobRSotnwo_8gqNT32OMJxawZq-D_sjRg
So while I figure out what's wrong with the Challenger stair tool. I bought an Orbital buffer from HD. I used it for the first time on some stairs with CGD recently. It doesn't have the weight or torque of the Challenger tool but it did a pretty good job. We'll see how long it lasts.
stair cleaning without bending over 2Q==
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

stair cleaning without bending over Empty Re: stair cleaning without bending over

Post by Peter Breen Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Moe i will try and figure out how to post pictures LOL It is an oreck orbitor 13 in. versus 12 in head a 50 ft. cord versus a 30 ft. cord and a larger motor. Found brand new for 299.00 free shipping E Bay

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Oh yeah that little oreck is coo. Is it easy to donthe risers and bull nose with it? You still have to grab it at the head to clean the risers and bull nose with it right? But your right with the hand held you have to bend over but I bet that challenger stair tool has more head weight
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Still say that the cyclo polisher is a good choice for stairs. Sure, you still have to kneel down, but there isn't much work to it.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Breen Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Looked at the cyclo and looked like a great tool but seemed the little oreck would have more uses as my company is diversified with additional cleaning services vct lin. floor srip an wax cleaning in rentals.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:26 pm

the orbiter is awsome for stairs, fits the tread perfect and the bracket on the head works like a handle so you can roll it over the nose and get the riser
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Is the question also include HWE cleaning ? If yes, Dave has a stair tool that's long enough not to bend over, I never tried it but it looks pretty comfortable, may be he can chime in and share what brand is his tool, but he's pretty tall though, so it also depends on your height.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Oops, sorry, I just saw this is posted in low moisture and encap cleaning, my bad.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:51 am

I started using the Oreck orbiter and have found a lot of uses for it. Especially in heavy traffic areas (carpet). Works great on stairs too.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:45 pm

dp1 wrote:Is the question also include HWE cleaning ? If yes, Dave has a stair tool that's long enough not to bend over, I never tried it but it looks pretty comfortable, may be he can chime in and share what brand is his tool, but he's pretty tall though, so it also depends on your height.

That is correct, it's almost like a wand for a Midg.....errrrrrr "Small Person". About 1/2 or 2/3th the length of a regular wand, but made for stairs. Works good for me most of the time, especially because I'm 6'2". I just stand a few steps down from the one I'm cleaning, and I can stand upright with it.
The problem with it is, when you have stairs with a landing where there's a 90 or 180 deg. turn, then a lot of times I run out of room because of a wall limiting using something that long, but I have a smaller short 6" wide tool for those situations.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:53 pm

And I also just read DP's next message about this being for encap, so I guess my post above^^ isn't relevant.
Oh well.

Sorry I really don't know about tools for encapping stairs.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:40 pm

I mostly use the orbiter for pre-scrubbing xtra dirty stairs prior to extraction. Don't do much encap for residential. beat a dead horse

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Breen Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm

I just bought the orbitor for my encapping stairs and love it thanks for the great info.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:54 pm

how long is it about Dave?

Ive been wanting a 12inch wide with about 50inch or so but was thinking maybe even slightly over 50in could be better

I do a lot of stairs where the regular wand is just a bit too long and something about 1ft-1.5ft would be real easy to work with
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:16 am

ACpower1 wrote:how long is it about Dave?

Ive been wanting a 12inch wide with about 50inch or so but was thinking maybe even slightly over 50in could be better

I do a lot of stairs where the regular wand is just a bit too long and something about 1ft-1.5ft would be real easy to work with

I'll have to measure it tomorrow AC, but I'd guess it's 45-50" long with the straight 1.5" dia. tube.  I think it's also a 10" wide head, which I think is good.  Until, like I said, you come to a small 90 deg. landing, then it can get tight.  If so, I just grab my short stair tool for those ones.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 am

ya thats about the length I was thinking, wouldnt mind just bringing in a small hand detail tool for the bends in the staircase or the s bend tool I have now

we have that swivel 30in pmf one on the express but I dont like it, it gets in those tough corners well and doing risers is nice but water recovery isnt great and only 1 jet up high
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:40 am

One jet doesn't sound too hot, this one of mine is a two jet.

Just don't ask me who makes it, because I've had it so long and really have no idea.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

It sounds like a Stanley Steamer model Davey....used to drag one of those around on stairs. I never liked that company, but they did have some nice tools.

I still use that "S" bend model and don't really care for it. I would love to have an 8 inch head with a full 2 inch tube model for stairs....maybe 40 inches in length.

I just attack it with my PCQ and hand tool for the tight spots. It kills the shoulders, but it gets it done with great recovery.

I guess the recovery part is the big issue with me. Stairs are often the worst parts of the house and it can take a really good scrub / flush to get them clean. I hate leaving wet carpet behind when I leave.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:07 pm

I don't think mine has anything to do with SS, but I could be wrong, I guess it could be a copy? I know I bought it years ago from a giant local distributor, and my best guess is it was possibly made by PMF?.........not sure why I'm thinking that, it's just what comes to mind. LOL

I'm going to go take pic of it now, and measure it lol, I'll report back.....

BTW, even though it's a 1.5" tube I've never had a problem with recovery with it, the stairs are always left drier than the flat carpet cleaned with my wand. And having a 1.5" lead hose pulling on it beats the heck out of a 2" when doing stairs, at least I think, because of the vertical drop.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Ok, here it is.

41.25" long
10" wide head
1.5" tube
2 jet

It also works great for getting under beds, when needed.

Does it look like a SS tool, I'm wondering, Rob?

stair cleaning without bending over Fullsi10

stair cleaning without bending over Fullsi11
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:And having a 1.5" lead hose pulling on it beats the heck out of a 2" when doing stairs, at least I think, because of the vertical drop.

You don't use hose stabilizer / hose hook ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Nope, it isn't the SS wand that I was picturing.

It could be a PMF, but for some reason I actually think it is a Butler wand by that valve.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Pretty close

https://www.butlersystem.com/store/long-handle-stair-tool-p-280.html?osCsid=23cc2958c85c499f89d5de4dff86ae31

I guess that would make it a PMF tool, good memory.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:06 am

we always use a 1.5in whip hose for stairs, makes a big difference on your arms and really no difference on dry times

looks like a nice stair tool Davey im looking for something pretty close to that
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down