Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

+9
Davey Cracker
MikeW
Joe Bristor
Seaswril
Andy Mc
CleanTech
Pro Touch
dp1
Mo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Empty Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

Post by Mo Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Ok guys we are ready to start evaluating the Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro tool.

I am working on an evaluation sheet. I added all of Mil's suggestions. Let me know what else I should add or change. Please see attachment

Attachments
Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Attachment
Upholster Tool Evaluation.pdf (97 Kb) Downloaded 241 times
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Empty Re: Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 pm

So we can start evaluating now ? Or we have to wait until everyone is done testing the tool ?
also the raffle tickets that I purchased prior was for the HF upholstery tool ? And last question, with the purchase of the current raffle tickets you get sample of soo, is that valid for me even though I'm already using soo ? If yes I'm just going to order some more stuff from Joe, that way I'm paying for shipping, not him. And I can give the free sample to a local cleaner for him to try.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Empty Re: Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

Post by Mo Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 pm

dp1 wrote:So we can start evaluating now ? Or we have to wait until everyone is done testing the tool ? I believe we decided to wait till everyone finished testing the tool.
also the raffle tickets that I purchased prior was for the HF upholstery tool ? We can enter your tickets only in the HP Upholstery tool raffle if you would like. And last question, with the purchase of the current raffle tickets you get sample of soo, is that valid for me even though I'm already using soo ? I don't think Joe would mind but ask him. If yes I'm just going to order some more stuff from Joe, that way I'm paying for shipping, not him. And I can give the free sample to a local cleaner for him to try.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Well, if the raffles tickets valid for both tools, I don't mind that at all, I'll ask Joe about the soo sample tomorrow, thanks Mo.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 pm

So what do you think Dave another 2 upholstery jobs and you'll be ready to send that off to Pro Touch?

Pro Touch have you finished your upholstery class yet?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:10 am

Yep, class was March 6-7. Got a lot of great knowledge and got to see the SS tool and the new Drimaster with improved lips that are molded into the body of the tool. Both tools performed excellent. My instructor had actually been involved in making the Hydrokinetic, and I found it interesting that he runs the SS, but was really excited about the improved Drimaster.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:56 am

Davey. You about ready to send the SS Upholstery Pro to Eric?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 am

I was probably the wrong guy to review this tool because I've been using the cheap upholstery tool that came with my little 3 gallon spot machine to clean upholsteyr so any other tool would have been fantastic.

The tool did feel sturdy and it looks pretty cool. I liked the trigger lock cuz my hand still fatigued while cleaning so it was nice being able to grab the tool from the hose and rest the hand.  I had heard that the flow valve sometime closed by accident but I didn't have that problem. The velcro wrap prevented you from accidentally bumping that valve closed.

It was nice not having to worry about over spray and getting the floors wet while cleaning. 

Cons:

The hose felt pretty stiff not sure if that's the case with all hide a hose but the hose on my little spotter is a lot more flexible

My cheapie tool has a see through head so it was kind of weird not seeing what you were flushing. The mboard is testing a clear head so we'll see how that goes. My six year old clear head has held up pretty well and I've had it for over  6 years or so but I don't have heat on that spotter so not sure how that would affect the clarity with use.

Now I know this tool will pay for itself in a few uses but to sell a piece of plastic for $520.00 like their doing on the mboard is ridiculous. I know what this tool wholesales for and they are getting bent over.

I still hate cleaning upholstery Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:33 am

I loved this tool. It is way more comfortable to use than my stainless internal jet upholstery tool and with a lot less hand fatigue. I like the fact that I can lock the trigger on if I want. With the shearing action of the jets this tool flushes the fabric real well, but also improves dry times because it is not over wetting or over spraying the fabric. It cleans in one pass and I didn't notice any clogging. The quality is impressive and as long as your not throwing it around it should last a long time. The price does seem high for a piece of plastic, but go buy a cheap upholstery tool and ask that question again.

I'm buying one.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 am

I have the prochem tool and an internal one

had a chance to use the hydramaster drimaster 2 and fell in love! Knew right there that one of these tools were in my immediate future.

I think I got the last clear SS tool from MB and awaiting shipment. Ill shoot some videos for sure.
Clear just makes plain sense.
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah all you guys with the SS Tool . Tell us about it. What do you think? Let us know how that clear holds up Dustin
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm

I bought the tool a few years ago with the hope that it would make it easier to go after upholstery . I did like that it took almost all worries away when it came to over wetting, it cleaned good, but for me it was not ergonomic at all, and I still hated doing upholstery.

almost sold it to Dustin, then changed my mind, lol But a few months later I needed to raise funds to buy a Rotovac I new I must be sacrifice it. Been using a cheapo internal jet ever since and not been missing it to much

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Empty SS Upholstery tool

Post by Seaswril Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:32 am

Is this tool still up for loan?

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by MikeW Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm

I have the SS upholstery tool, the new DriMaster 3 and the DriMaster 2 upholstery tools. My favorite is the SS tool especially on microfiber. I like the solid sheet of water the DriMaster provides but on microfiber water pours out either side of the tool when cleaning. Even when adjusting the pressure down. This doesn't happen with the SS tool. I keep them both on the truck and think there both good tools.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews Empty Rotovac sheardry

Post by Seaswril Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 am

Yes i will be doing a review give me till sat.

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Ok, I really want to like this SS Tool, after all I paid Four Hunderrrrrrrr, actually Zer0 for it!!  laughing 

But I need your help guys!!......This thing spits out water everywhere if the valve is even cracked open a Quarter turn!  What the Hell I'm I doing wrong here?!?! If I just open the valve enuf to get even flow it's not nearly enuf to really clean well with, and then open it anymore and it's spraying water all over the place!!.........IF it wasn't meant to be used as a continuous flow tool then why does it have a lock on the trigger?!?

As far as I'm concerned, uphol tools with a trigger are Done!...I've been to using the DriMaster2, and like the one pass cleaning, no trigger, no over spray mess like trigger tools and the constant heat.

I thought this SS would be able to be used the same way, can it be without spraying water everywhere and out of the head if not on the fabric???  If so, then I guess mine has a problem, OOOORrrrr maybe me??...I just thought of something, My PSI?!  laughing ...........

I've been using this thing with the same PSI at the TM I've always used with my DM2, 350-500..........is that my prob with the SS tool?!?

I just want to lock the trigger (it could be removed completely for all I care), and be able to clean with good non stop high flow, one pass cleaning without over spray mess, is that possible?...if so, what is your method??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Wed May 28, 2014 8:53 pm

it must be that tool?

I leave my psi at 500ish and then its set about medium on the tool and no over spray

CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 pm

I wouldnt mind trying it....

i bought the SS tool....and for the life of me...I dont understand WTF the valve is for???

i just have it wide open....

I do wish it had the flow valve like the drimaster....BUT....then it would spray everywhere...the shear action was nice...

but the amount of FLOW from the SS tool is nice, that it gets out there a bit more then the DM....

just my thought
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Sounds like a bad needle valve. I have mine at half-turn and get a nice sweet spot for flow without spraying everywhere.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Thu May 29, 2014 6:58 am

I like having the needle valve. I adjust it for pretty much every job.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 31, 2014 11:04 pm

So after that, only thing I gathered is maybe a bad/broken "needle valve"?

I assume this is the stem in the valve with the knob to adj the flow?.....prob only $395 for the rebuild kit?  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:36 am

Yes sir, I will send CFM meter out Priority Mail Tomorrow. I blew it on that one, got busy and forgot to send it, so I apologize for the delay.

The SS uphol tool is mine.  wink 

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next