Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

+9
Davey Cracker
MikeW
Joe Bristor
Seaswril
Andy Mc
CleanTech
Pro Touch
dp1
Mo
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

Post by dp1 Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:22 pm

350 - 500 psi is way too high in my opinion, I set mine at 300 psi max on uph setting, on average around 200 - 250 psi and even at that rate, with certain fabrics, e.g. some microfibers and suedes, it still squirts from the sides, gotta play with the valve before you buy a new one, they're not cheap, with most other fabrics, e.g. polyester, nylon, olefin, it never squirts from the sides no matter where the valve setting is, the flow is good enough for me when I adjust the valve accordingly in cleaning those microfibers.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro Reviews

Post by Mo Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey Dave go ahead and post your review of the SS Tool that you won. I presume you've had enough time now.

You guys remember that guy that was selling that TM package here locally. Well he ended up selling it to someone on Las Vegas. But the buyer kept low balling him so he started taking things out of the package and a SS Upholstery tool was one of those items.

I ended up buying it for 200. bones. One of the jet sprays out of the head no matter what psi yu have it at. Is it clogged up? I haven't taken it apart yet.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Sure Mo, I'll give a review now but lmao..

IT'S A POS!! Since the day I got it back after winning it, its apparently had  a "broken needle valve", so it works like S H I T and isn't usable! It's either spitting water or not enuf water.

So how's that for a review!!!!  laughing laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 am

Sorry Dave I just noticed you posted about that needle valve already. So your TM set at 350-500 and you adjust PSI at the valve. I wonder if the valve has a problem adjusting flow when the tm is set at 500 PSI.

I've been setting the TM at 250 for upholstery and adjusting at the valve from there. But you should be able to clean carpet and them switch to upholstery without having to go out to the TM to adjust PSI that what the valve is for.

Are you gong t replace it with the same valve? Or can you use a different one?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 am

I wonder if you can just out that Joe valve will work? I still have some to give away.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrod Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:31 pm

It has been the best upholstery tool I have ever used. Recommended 100%.

Jrod

http://www.MyFamilyCarpetCare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:09 pm

If the needle valve isn't responding to input, the tip (needle) must be broken off. I used to have a helper who closed the needle valve on my butler unit to the point that the needle would break off.

After that, it is on full blast all the time. Needle valves are cheap and work wonders with that tool...just replace it, that tool will impress.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Joe Bristor wrote:Did you return the cfm meter?

Did you use the camera?  If not, when will you?

I can sell you a needle valve cheap. Quit your whining.

Dunno where you get I'm "whining", I was asked to give a review and did the best I could under the circumstances
(of a not properly functioning tool), sorry Chief!!

Meter was sent to Mo couple weeks ago, "Quit your whining"  laughing Thought he posted he received it, here in this thread?!?

Joe, why don't you just tell me who you want to have this little cam you send me, because I'm not really feeling the pressure of when and all that of using it.  I'd rather just off it, and not have the expectations you're now asking of me, thanks. I'm just to busy lately to even keep up with the expectations from my customers, let alone when I'm going to use this cam.  Just let me know, I'll mail it right out to them.  cheers

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Mo wrote:Sorry Dave I just noticed you posted about that needle valve already. So your TM set at 350-500 and you adjust PSI at the valve. I wonder if the valve has a problem adjusting flow when the tm is set at 500 PSI.  

I've been setting the TM at 250 for upholstery and adjusting at the valve from there. But you should be able to clean carpet and them switch to upholstery without having to go out to the TM to adjust PSI that what the valve is for.

Are you gong t replace it with the same valve? Or can you use a different one?

Your guess is as good as mine I guess?........I have no idea about this thing, and the reason I asked. I have nothing to compare it to, and have no idea how it should work really, but it seems Fucxed up and unusable the way it is.  confused 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Joe Bristor wrote:just open it wide open like Floorguy says.

Because it fills my 80 gallon recovery tank in about 20 min.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:05 pm

I wish I had the skill to video the tool at different settings of the needle valve so that you can see how it should look, but I can barely work my phone and I've destroyed that 3 times already.

Maybe someone can help you out with that until you change the needle valve?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:34 pm

I haven't tried to take apart the valve yet. But what I do know is if I turn the valve open more than 1/4 of a turn open from being fully closed it starts spitting water out of the head and all over the place, and if run like that it fills the tanks really quick.  confused 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am

have you opened the tool up and looked at it?    the thing is pretty simple,   and they get clogged all the time.      Ive taken mine apart cleaned out everything and put it back together several times.      

I bet if you havent yet taken it apart your going to find clogs of crap in there,    all that lint and hair passes thru some small spots and catches on the inside.      

,   send it to me ill fix that thing in 10minutes
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am

There is nothing as frustrating as a tool that doesn't work, especially one with such high expectations. I find mine with small pieces of popcorn or small gravel in the slot while I clean and you have to watch for that, but it is a great tool.

Your issue is either the pressure or else a bad needle valve. Try it out set at 200 psi and see if it changes...if not, it is the valve. Mine does not spray like that unless it is over 3/4 way open and even then it isn't that bad.

Or, toss it in the classifieds and watch the feeding frenzy Very Happy 

Like Mo, I bought mine really cheap ($175) from another cleaner that tried it once and didn't like it. I would hate to see you give up on it so easily like that guy as it is one of the top 3 tools out there on anyone's list.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2