Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

+7
brianbenaiah
Ken Raddon
SCCC
Davey Cracker
dp1
milspec6
Mo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster - Page 2 Empty Re: Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Jose D wrote:I have been using the first tile wand that tony made with brush head for about 1.5 years now. It gets the job done but it takes me longer to clean tile. I actually hate cleaning tile with the wand and hope to upgrade to a spinner tool eventually.

I started with a spinner, an SX-12, and used it for years...........then bought a Gecko with 14" brush head about a year ago, and have only used spinner twice since then. I like how the Gecko edges better and gets into corners, unlike a spinner.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster - Page 2 Empty Re: Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

Post by brianbenaiah Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster - Page 2 Img_2023
Here is the church tile that is very porous and wares out mops, can it be sealed so it doesnt trap dirt?
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Is that concrete?........or just a really close up pic of a tile?

Post a pic of the back side of it, if it's a tile and I'll tell you what it is......Right DP? wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:39 pm

I suspect it's a man made stone look a-like tile.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Can't really tell by the photo, but I would guess that it has a crystalline look to it and feel like sand paper.....am I close?

You can seal anything, but it isn't always a good idea. If it is what I think it is, the texture is there for safety so nobody slips when wet. Sealing it would make for a dangerous surface.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Yup just like sandpaper it has a gritty feeling it says porcelain made in Spain. Keeps people from slipping and hurting themselves at church
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 pm

It is very similar to a polished cement with quartz and glass added to the mix. I wouldn't try and seal that stuff at all.

As for cleaning, stay away from acid-based cleaners. Any of the standard high alkaline cleaners for tile should be okay. Don't expect miracles as it will probably dry to a flat and dull appearance. You are looking for clean, but not shiny.

I have seen some with an acrylic coating to give it some shine, but the stuff turns yellow and ruins the safety texture as well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:12 am

Is there a pic of this?...that must be a video above because I cant see videos right now.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 am

Devon07 wrote:Is there a pic of this?...that must be a video above because I cant see videos right now.

Good Morning, page 2 has the pic but when I start the cleaning of the church I will use wife's video to video it. The foyer is tile, entrance is tile and bathrooms are all this type of tile, lots of this tile and it wears mops out and always looks dirty.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Is that concrete?........or just a really close up pic of a tile?

Post a pic of the back side of it, if it's a tile and I'll tell you what it is......Right DP? wink

That's right !! Lol
If it's rough, I wouldn't use gecko / tile wand or spinner, after pre spray I would scrub and just pressure wash it, I hope it's outside ? If it's inside, and there's drain somewhere, you can still do it, just pressure wash going towards the drain and I agree with Rob, I wouldn't seal that stuff or you're going to hate yourself next time you're cleaning it, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Jose D wrote:I have been using the first tile wand that tony made with brush head for about 1.5 years now. It gets the job done but it takes me longer to clean tile. I actually hate cleaning tile with the wand and hope to upgrade to a spinner tool eventually.

I started with a spinner, an SX-12, and used it for years...........then bought a Gecko with 14" brush head about a year ago, and have only used spinner twice since then.  I like how the Gecko edges better and gets into corners, unlike a spinner.

Ya Im moving away from the spinner as well, tile wand is lighter and easier plus gets into edges better
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

I just find it easier most of the time to do whole job with Gecko, rather then having to switch back and forth to get the edges properly, and corners with Gecko when using the spinner for the open areas.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Hey Mo, How is the water recovery with the squeegee head?
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:30 pm

I don't know Jose I haven't used it yet. Hopefully Ill have some time this weekend
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:17 pm

I did some video cleaning with the blaster and sx12 today. Unfortunatley i messed up and didnt record most of it.

I do have a before and after with both. I ran the pump at 900 PSI. What I tried to do was do 2 wet passes and two dry passes on with both tools.  No Im trying to remember if I took my had on the sx12 trigger on the second pass check it out.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Looks like the SX cleaned much better?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

It sure looks that way doesn't it. We should probably be doing side by side test with another hard surface wand instead of a spinner

The squeege in this tool is heavy duty and it has two lips
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:16 pm

its does look like the spinner cleaned better but it could have just been a different spot on the concrete that looks different.

really want to get into more exterior cleaning, pressure washing with recovery.. just too busy with carpets right now
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:53 am

Yeah that's possible AC but again I think were comparing apples to oranges. We need someone that has a Gecko to do that test and can be Brutally Honest.

PS I clean my AZ room with the blaster and it came out good.

Brian let me know if you want the loaner to clean the church. Anybody else want to use it?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:00 pm

So am I correct in my assumption that spinner clean better that hard surface wands?

I mean how much difference can their be with regards to cleaning ability between a Gecko and any other hard surface wand. Sure the squeegee might last longer than another or better recovery but from a pure cleaning stand point it appears to me than a spinner does abetter job of using water to clean.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Mo wrote:Yeah that's possible AC but again I think were comparing apples to oranges. We need someone that has a Gecko to do that test and can be Brutally Honest.

Brian let me know if you want the loaner to clean the church. Anybody else want to use it?

Thanks Mo, any time i'll be glad to use it and review it, I havnt had time to think about the church so its time to get er done.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:52 pm

brianbenaiah wrote:
Mo wrote:Yeah that's possible AC but again I think were comparing apples to oranges. We need someone that has a Gecko to do that test and can be Brutally Honest.

Thanks Mo, any time i'll be glad to use it and review it, I havnt had time to think about the church so its time to get er done.

OK i was going to give it back to Tony next time I was in Cali. I may just take it with me and ship in from there. Ill let you know.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:19 am

Loaner over toll going back to Tony
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:54 pm

You like better than a spinner James?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2