Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Look who came out with a New Upholstery

+4
milspec6
dp1
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Mo
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 Empty Re: Look who came out with a New Upholstery

Post by gtech12v Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:40 pm

I have the old PMF SS internal jet upholstery tool works fine , I do not like the over spray when is not in contact with the fabric and the fact of not keeping the heat at the tool all the time still on my van and it has make me a ton of money
the plastic tools have the advantage of the weight and the constant flow keeping the water hot all the time
the mytee tool has an excellent feel on the grip I have not used yet but will soon

notice on this picture how the finger espace is molded on the tool
Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 0D9D9C1E-E5C9-4426-B7A3-70128056223E_zpsuqtch97p

gtech12v
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 Empty Re: Look who came out with a New Upholstery

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:39 pm

The original drimaster is plastic, ss tool is plastic, as long as it's strong and not melted under 200 degrees water, I'm fine with, the advantage is it's light, if you're doing 3 sectionals a day, your hand will thank you.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:39 pm

I did 4 pieces of furniture today thank god for that trigger lock for constant flow no need to keep triggering and no over spray what so ever. Oh yeah I hate cleaning upholstery

Gtech let us know if that aluminum or steel glide rips or scratches any fibers. That was my first concern when I saw this tool.

I don't mind plastic as long as it tough. I believe the SS tool is a resin
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:29 pm

New mytee one looks awsome have had my eye on it.      Love the clear head,   and I think all of them have the cheap little straw like tube going to the spray bar.

Dave your tool might be clogged somewhere on the inside,   you should just barely have to open the valve to get an even sheer of water. Where did that raffle/floater come from? maybe it had already been returned to Joe or someone.     If you havent already I would open it up,    the inside of the sapphire has all these spots where hair gets caught as it passes through.    

Usually open ours up every 2 months or so and find a whole cat inside lol,   it starts clogging the holes where the water comes out.  

Been using the SS for about 2 years now,   thing is a beast and cleans upholstery so easily.     Just hate the valve all the way down on the hose 5ft away and the velcro cover for it is useless,   any time you strap it shut it moves the valve.      

I like that the mytee has no trigger,  theres really no need for one just open or close valve.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:43 pm

ACpower1 wrote:New mytee one looks awsome have had my eye on it.      Love the clear head,   and I think all of them have the cheap little straw like tube going to the spray bar.

Dave your tool might be clogged somewhere on the inside,   you should just barely have to open the valve to get an even sheer of water.    Where did that raffle/floater come from?  maybe it had already been returned to Joe or someone.       If you havent already I would open it up,    the inside of the sapphire has all these spots where hair gets caught as it passes through.    

Usually open ours up every 2 months or so and find a whole cat inside lol,   it starts clogging the holes where the water comes out.  

Been using the SS for about 2 years now,   thing is a beast and cleans upholstery so easily.     Just hate the valve all the way down on the hose 5ft away and the velcro cover for it is useless,   any time you strap it shut it moves the valve.      

I like that the mytee has no trigger,  theres really no need for one just open or close valve.
The SS tool raffle was a brand new tool that Joe ordered from his distributor that's how he paid for 4 months of lounge adverting. I believe its still under warranty Dave Call Joe.

I bought a used one and it works awesome
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:24 pm

So Mo, when are we going to have another raffle loaner deal for this thing?

I want to try it, and need to win a tool that works. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:52 pm

It's $ 253 shipped from kleen rite, I'm down to pitch in to buy the tool, but I would recommend to wait until I receive mine and see some reviews from myself and Gerson ? That way we know if it's worth it to buy and float them around ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:So Mo, when are we going to have another raffle loaner deal for this thing?

I want to try it, and need to win a tool that works. laughing

Dang still cant get yours to work. Have you taken it apart? Send it to me If your not using it. Ill compare it to the one I have maybe I switch out some parts to see if we can get it working
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Honestly, I haven't really tried to fix it.........I just grab the DM when I need to clean Uphol.

Maybe I will send it to you, because I'm sure not motivated to fix it. I don't like that fact it doesn't have a window in it, so I think that's part of my lack of trying to fix it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:50 am

Careful with the mytee tool. Saw a review on another site

seems some of them were defective and the metal has a lip that doesnt fit flush with the plastic housing, it will scrape and rip fabric.

They are aware of the defect and will replace it with a fixed one. You can see the video on tmf of the guy using it on an old car seat, its literally scraping lines in it

from the pictures posted earlier in this thread its hard to tell Gtech, but it looks like your sticks up a bit in on the front side of the metal, be careful
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh crap, I knew I shouldn't have bought it, hey Mo let's float mine around, ok guys, send me the checks Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Another QUALITY Mytee product huh!?! laughing

>Made in China Without Quality Control< laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Mo wrote:What do you guys think about the stainless steel glide. Never hand one on a wand. Any possibilities of it getting scratched or nicked and creating sharp edges that could rip certain fabric? or does it not wear like that.

That was my concern when I started this thread.

I told you we should have floated it DP. Don't worry if yours is scratchy John will make it right as usual the QC id after the release.

Still waiting to hear of any issues with the location of the flow control knob and also Robs concern on the heat conducted by the steel glide.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 20150311

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 20150312

Ok, here's the bad, I see a flaw on the tool, there's a gap on one of the corner of the head, that will leak air.
another bad is there's no vac release valve anywhere, this doesn't bother me all that much because I usually leave mine close and clean at 100 mph Razz so the drying time will not be affected by me cleaning fast.
The good is it's light and I like the clear head.
I will be calling Mytee tomorrow and see what they have to say about the leak and that aluminum surface that someone said scratched and ripped fabric out, if they say nothing then I will be returning it to kleen rite.
If they are sending me a replacement plate, then I will consider floating it with minimum 6 members including myself pitching in $ 40 / person, I will be paying more because the total is $ 255 with shipping.
Rob, regarding the heat conducted by the aluminum glide, that was my original concern as well but my original drimaster has a metal plate as well, and I don't have issues with burning fabrics, so I think that should be okay.
Gerson, have you used it yet on the field ? Please post your review on functionality when you have time ? Thanks.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 pm

It looks like there's a gap all the way around it. Can you snap it in place/Let us know how that phone call goes
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:35 pm

No, the other side is tight, I tried to press on that corner, it would close but as soon as my hand is released, the plate went back to the way it was, I definitely will let you guys know how Mytee handle my call tomorrow, that definitely will help with my decisions of getting mytee tools in the future or not.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

I've never yet been much of a mytee fan, because of the lack of quality in their tools
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:06 pm

What exactly holds that SS glide in place?..........does it just snap in place, or is there screws from the top holding it on?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 am

Dave, there's no screws, looks like just snaps in place.
I talked to Mytee's employee and she offered to exchange the tool, when I asked her about the fix for the aluminum or metal plate, she said that they're working on the "fix" for that, she didn't mention what kind of "fix", so at this point I'm inclined to just return the tool, unless if you guys still want to float it out, then I'll ask for an exchange and we'll float it.
My problem is there's a QC sticker on the tool, the gap on the head isn't a small one either, pretty disappointed so far.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:52 am

Just talked to kleenrite and they said that they have a note from Mytee about the flaws and they are taking it back, so it will be shipped back to them, sorry folks, I just don't think it's wise to float it at this time and risking it ruining one of your custy's fabric.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks for trying DP. At least their trying to fix it.

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 2 2Q==
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11 pm

dp1 wrote:Just talked to kleenrite and they said that they have a note from Mytee about the flaws and they are taking it back, so it will be shipped back to them, sorry folks, I just don't think it's wise to float it at this time and risking it ruining one of your custy's fabric.

Is it really that sucky looking you don't want a replacement?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 pm

I thing he got spooked but then again did you read what the cost of his pump replacement was affraid
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Pump replacement?....Huh?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Ive heard they are re doing the metal glide to make it fit flush.. pretty embarrassing for mytee making such a big hype about their version of the SS.

what a turd
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next