Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Look who came out with a New Upholstery

+4
milspec6
dp1
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Mo
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 3 Empty Re: Look who came out with a New Upholstery

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:34 am

Well here's the deal, they offered a replacement but the replacement would still have the metal glide on it and when I asked A COUPLE OF TIMES what are they doing to fix THAT issue, she said we're working on it ! That doesn't sound promising, I might end up with another tool in my garage for 6 months without any fix if Mytee decides to relax with the fix.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Look who came out with a New Upholstery - Page 3 Empty Re: Look who came out with a New Upholstery

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:21 pm

I don't fault a company for putting out products that need tweaked after getting used in the field as you never really know for certain how it will perform until put into heavy usage.

In this case, it didn't even reach that far.  Sounds like they need more real cleaners working in that R&D department and less bean counters.

They could just ask us next time they want to make something. wink
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:The problem is it spits water all over the place if I open the valve enough to get proper flow. I can turn it down so it doesn't spit, but then it doesn't have enough water flow to be even across the width of the head.

I found your problem....it is the hose.

Last night, about 4 hours into cleaning the theater seats, the same thing started to happen to me. The water flow relies on 2 things: The metered flow from the needle valve and the vacuum to give you that good continuous flow without spitting everywhere. If the needle is open too far or if the vacuum is reduced.....spits like a camel.

When it first started to happen, it was the needle valve for me. As the hose was being pulled out of my way, the dial on the valve would get spun on the floor.....simple fix, wrapped it in a sleeve.

Later, it started spitting really bad again. This time, it was the hose. It developed a bad air leak beneath the swivel and when I investigated it further, the hose separated from the tool internally. The vacuumed was reduced and the water was spraying outside of the tool. Apparently, there was some sort of recall on that hose at one time....I just ripped off the hose and put a fixed 1.5 inch hose on it and problem was solved.

I do need a second tool, so if you don't want it.....sell it to me or try replacing the hose. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:02 pm

dp1 wrote:Well here's the deal, they offered a replacement but the replacement would still have the metal glide on it and when I asked A COUPLE OF TIMES what are they doing to fix THAT issue, she said we're working on it ! That doesn't sound promising, I might end up with another tool in my garage for 6 months without any fix if Mytee decides to relax with the fix.
Lemon law apply??
Tell them you don't want no stinking defective tool-PERIOD. And a replacement that MIGHT stay together is not an option.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Metal....hot.....delicate fabric.

Was this really that difficult to understand?

Any upholstery tool needs to be designed for both delicate fabric and for long usage for theaters and such. That means no snags and no metal parts that will become a soldering iron after a few hours.

The Sapphire is still the best one that I have found for both purposes...although I do want to try the new Dri-master at some point.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Matt, since I bought it at kleenrite, they gladly took it back, they told me that Mytee put a note in all returns that they will pay for shipping, so I was only out $ 15 after all.
And I agree with Rob, even Hondas and Toyota have recalls, but in this case it was really not well thought of. However I don't think the hot metal will be much of an issues since the original drimaster also has metal plate on the middle of the plate, the biggest difference is the drimaster metal is smooth and the mytee is very rough around the holes where the water is flowing out, keep in mind I did not use or test the tool due to my concern of not being able to return the tool if used. My opinion is solely based on looking and feeling the tool, I'm a fair person, I'm not going to bash any manufacturer or product, just stating the obvious possible issues of the build and I hope John is reading this and take into consideration all of these flaws to make it a better tool.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:11 pm

I've been using my DM2 now for prob about 3 years and the SS metal lips have never been an issue. But like DP said they are flush and nice and smooth.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Mo wrote:
What do you guys think about the stainless steel glide. Never hand one on a wand. Any possibilities of it getting scratched or nicked and creating sharp edges that could rip certain fabric? or does it not wear like that.

Sure enough some body ripped a piece of furniture with this tool. Who knows how many times this has happended to unsuspecting cleaners.

Gtech haven't heard about your experience with this tool?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Another Quality tool from Mytee huh? laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 pm

We didn't even have to float that one. All we had to do was look at it Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:25 am

Mo wrote:We didn't even have to float that one. All we had to do was look at it Very Happy

What do you mean by "WE" ????
All "I" had to do was look at it and spent $ 15 for shipping, lol.
Yeah GTECH, where's your review man ??
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 pm

laughing But if you notice I made the comments about that glide getting caught on fabric before you took possession of the tool. Your pics showed the gaps in the tool and made that a real concern. Im glad you went with your instincts and returned it.

In all fairness to Mytee the did fix the problem they just have o get these old one out of circulation
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gtech12v Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 pm

dp1 wrote:
Mo wrote:We didn't even have to float that one. All we had to do was look at it Very Happy

What do you mean by "WE" ????
All "I" had to do was look at it and spent $ 15 for shipping, lol.
Yeah GTECH, where's your review man ??

the tool was defected so not review , I am waiting for a replacement if they ever fix the sharp edges

gtech12v
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Mo wrote:.........................

In all fairness to Mytee the did fix the problem they just have o get these old one out of circulation

What did they do to fix it?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:41 am

They made the glide fit better.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

If that's all they do in fixing the tool, I couldn't be happier that I returned it, I have nothing against Mytee but based on this being the 2nd product I purchased and ended up returning it, I most likely wouldn't buy any of their products anymore.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:52 pm

I agree, I'm not in any hurry to buy anything from them..........I've never been impressed by anything I've seen made by them.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I like the hose wraps
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Bentley Swivel Wand isn't all bad, a couple of flaws, but one of the better swivel wands out there.

And that is about all.....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3